+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

october 2017 citizenship applicants

mg7

Sep 19, 2017
Folks, I received my GMCS notes today. The primary office is IRCC Mississauga & the Secondary Office as St. Clair however I received a notification on April 3rd to write the test in Scarborough. I understand that applicants that have to deal with Scarborough are having lots of delays as they don't get their Oath notifications on the test day & have been waiting for months after ECAS updates to Decision Made.

Is it possible that I have been given a test appointment in Scarborough but the rest of my application ie. oath etc. will be at IRCC Mississauga as I live in Mississauga & the office is literally a 10 minute drive from my home.

Does anyone have knowledge/experience with this?

Thanks ^ regards

Mohit

zztop

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
I took my test this morning, was there for a total of 40 mins for both test and interview. I was told I had a perfect score and that if everything else is ok, I will be invited for oak before October (which is 12 months).
Just one question if you can help me with. I'm having my test next week. Test invite states to bring: this notice (test invite), 2pieces of personal id, ALL YOUR ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS THAT SUPPORT YOUR CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION (AS LISTED IN THE DOCUMENT CHECKLIST IN THE CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION FORM). My understanding is that doesn't directly require citizenship application ? only if I look checklist for citizenship application it states APPLICATION FOR CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP!

So after I fill out my application I printed it out ,signed and sent it away without keeping any copies with me. My only application is already with IRCC.
Can you advise if you had to bring copy of your application.

Much appreciated.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Just one question if you can help me with. I'm having my test next week. Test invite states to bring: this notice (test invite), 2pieces of personal id, ALL YOUR ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS THAT SUPPORT YOUR CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION (AS LISTED IN THE DOCUMENT CHECKLIST IN THE CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION FORM). My understanding is that doesn't directly require citizenship application ? only if I look checklist for citizenship application it states APPLICATION FOR CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP!

So after I fill out my application I printed it out ,signed and sent it away without keeping any copies with me. My only application is already with IRCC.

Much appreciated.
It's really unnecessary to post in multiple threads. The people you want to answer this read most of the threads.

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
Sent my application October 27, 2017. I had my citizenship test February 19, 2018 and passed it. Decision made on February 20, 2018 but up until now I haven't received the invitation to take oath. I have called in last week to inform them that I'll be out of the country by
May 11 to June 19. I hope I'll get my oath before going for a vacation.

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014

Much appreciated.
No need to bring a copy of your application