+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

october 2017 citizenship applicants

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
I got the invitation to do the citizenship test in the mail today and I have to take my current and expired passports to the interview. There is no mention of translation in the notice but I have some entry/exit stamps that are not in English. Does anyone here have a similar experience? Should I translate my passports? Thank you
Discussed in https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/do-i-need-to-translate-entry-exit-stamps-on-my-passport.546871/page-2#post-6763348 (and many other posts), as well as https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-ottawa-october-applicants.543349/page-11#post-6779256

nty74

Nov 5, 2013
please update status for username: seanjoe in edmonton to decision made for today 03/09/18
Hi Sean,
Any idea why it took so long for your DM after test? My husbands application has the same issue. We did our test on 14th Feb and my changed to DM two days later but his is still IP :(

coder007

Jan 27, 2018
hi how did you find the rest was it hard or manageble and what was the interview like
i passed the test. i got 20/20 on the test.

i practiced a lot for the test. i read the book thoroughly 6 times. i bought sample tests from citizenshipsupport.ca and v-soul.com. i practiced all the questions at apnatoronto.ca and your richmond library website. i also watched all the videos on the youtube link below which shows the hardest questions from each chapter.

i also downloaded about 20 iphone apps with practice questions

the local library holds 2 hour sessions of 4 classes to prep people for the test but i didn’t have a chance to attend those.

some of my friends read the book twice and passed.I've also known people who only practiced the tests at apnatoronto.ca and failed. It's better to read the book thoroughly at least twice.

daman8906

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Ontario
Category........
i passed the test. i got 20/20 on the test.

i practiced a lot for the test. i read the book thoroughly 6 times. i bought sample tests from citizenshipsupport.ca and v-soul.com. i practiced all the questions at apnatoronto.ca and your richmond library website. i also watched all the videos on the youtube link below which shows the hardest questions from each chapter.

i also downloaded about 20 iphone apps with practice questions

the local library holds 2 hour sessions of 4 classes to prep people for the test but i didn’t have a chance to attend those.

some of my friends read the book twice and passed.I've also known people who only practiced the tests at apnatoronto.ca and failed. It's better to read the book thoroughly at least twice.
Damn. People go one step further, but you took a rocket and took off the ground. By the way, I read book like 3 times and did practice tests for a day or two. I passed 20/20 last month.

aessen

Sep 15, 2013
i took the test today, got 20/20 on it.. the conversation started well too however the interviewer said that i have too many travels and that she can't count/verify them all there so that she would have to verify them later on. She said that provided the days are there, which they are, then i should expect an oath date sent etc. Is there anybody else in this situation? I fail to understand this - she literally looked like it was the first time she was seeing my file and just brushed it off like I don't have time for this. She said she would have to photocopy all the pages and review it. I advised her that I had indeed sent every page which she found in front of her. I have 1465 days of total presence, and have like 5 trips out of canada per yer which I don't see as too excessive. Should these not been verified prior to me being invited for a test? I would event understand if i was like 10 days above the minimum day count but i'm over by a lot. I'm happy I passed the knowledge and language test however this is an unforeseen bump - would appreciate if anyone had such happen to them and some insight. Thank you

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
i took the test today, got 20/20 on it.. the conversation started well too however the interviewer said that i have too many travels and that she can't count/verify them all there so that she would have to verify them later on. She said that provided the days are there, which they are, then i should expect an oath date sent etc. Is there anybody else in this situation? I fail to understand this - she literally looked like it was the first time she was seeing my file and just brushed it off like I don't have time for this. She said she would have to photocopy all the pages and review it. I advised her that I had indeed sent every page which she found in front of her. I have 1465 days of total presence, and have like 5 trips out of canada per yer which I don't see as too excessive. Should these not been verified prior to me being invited for a test? Or i would understand if i was like 10 days above the minimum day count. I'm happy I passed the knowledge and language test however this is an unforeseen bump - would appreciate if anyone had such happen to them and some insight. Thank you
Few others reported having a similar experience. I guess you got a lazy officer reviewing your file. IMO, it won't delay your application much (if at all).

Reactions: aessen

coder007

Jan 27, 2018
i took the test today, got 20/20 on it.. the conversation started well too however the interviewer said that i have too many travels and that she can't count/verify them all there so that she would have to verify them later on. She said that provided the days are there, which they are, then i should expect an oath date sent etc. Is there anybody else in this situation? I fail to understand this - she literally looked like it was the first time she was seeing my file and just brushed it off like I don't have time for this. She said she would have to photocopy all the pages and review it. I advised her that I had indeed sent every page which she found in front of her. I have 1465 days of total presence, and have like 5 trips out of canada per yer which I don't see as too excessive. Should these not been verified prior to me being invited for a test? I would event understand if i was like 10 days above the minimum day count but i'm over by a lot. I'm happy I passed the knowledge and language test however this is an unforeseen bump - would appreciate if anyone had such happen to them and some insight. Thank you
did you check online or ECAS? does it say “decision made”? if so then they are done reviewing .

keentohear

Nov 28, 2017
Had a test and interview. Tet passed, interviewed and told that we will write to us soon. The interview was very brief and separate with me and my wife, not asking too many questions. Just checked new and old passports and asked whether my job is still with the same organization. They didn't ask any thing about the kids or checking their documents. The online status of my and my wife application has changed to
- Decision Made on 9th March
However, the status on my kids is still shown "in process" which I don't understand as we have a joint family application. Would appreciate if any one fhas any guidance on this

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Had a test and interview. Tet passed, interviewed and told that we will write to us soon. The interview was very brief and separate with me and my wife, not asking too many questions. Just checked new and old passports and asked whether my job is still with the same organization. They didn't ask any thing about the kids or checking their documents. The online status of my and my wife application has changed to
- Decision Made on 9th March
However, the status on my kids is still shown "in process" which I don't understand as we have a joint family application. Would appreciate if any one fhas any guidance on this
Updated.

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
I wrote my test at the Mississauga IRCC office yesterday, today My ECAS says DECISION MADE...

Could someone please update the sheet?

One last leg of waiting... God, I hope I have enough patience to wait it out lol... They told me 4-8 weeks, so let's hope that's the case for Mississauga...

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wrote my test at the Mississauga IRCC office yesterday, today My ECAS says DECISION MADE...

Could someone please update the sheet?

One last leg of waiting... God, I hope I have enough patience to wait it out lol... They told me 4-8 weeks, so let's hope that's the case for Mississauga...
Updated.