+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

Almosthere100

Oct 17, 2016
Hi I am new in this forum and I applied this month. I will share my dates here as well :D

App sent: October 1st 2016
App Received: 6th 2016
AOR:
Test Request:
Test Taken:
DM:
Oath:

PVN

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Hi,

I sent my application on October 16th. Now waiting for AOR. Does anyone know how long will usually take to receive AOR?

Thanks,

ali393

Oct 19, 2016
Guys correct me if I am wrong.

I believe anywhere between 1-4 weeks after being delivered to the Case Processing Centre in NS.

PVN said:
Hi,

I sent my application on October 16th. Now waiting for AOR. Does anyone know how long will usually take to receive AOR?

Thanks,

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
ali393 said:
Guys correct me if I am wrong.

I believe anywhere between 1-4 weeks after being delivered to the Case Processing Centre in NS.
I found it weird that for some it is 1 week and others 4 weeks. Is there a reason why?
I sent my application to the courier address, did I have to send it to the PO box address? maybe courier mail are handled slower?

Fochi

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
actually there is no a certain processing time at all, as you may see at the excel sheet some people within a 10 days receive AOR others nothing at all, like me ;D

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
Need help, my wife citizenship application has been returned. Send application on 29 Sep and returned 19 Oct .

The passport or travel document provided do not cover the entire 6 years period preceding the date of your application or since you become a permanent resident whichever is more recent. you also have not provided an explanation of any gaps in passport validity or why the require document is not in your possession. Please send us a photocopy of the biographical page of all passport or travel document you have had during the relevant 6 year period or any required explanations.
On 6F application form i did not include last 6 year, by mistake, i included only since she become a permanent resident.
Her passport was expired on 16 April 2016, she did not apply for a new passport, was not need that time, had no plan to travel.

April 04 2012 she became permanent resident
Aug 19 2014 to April 04 2015 she travel to her country. I give photocopy of her all pages of her passport . They highlighted the expired date of her passport photocopy i send.

Ask for two choice , send complete application form with the letter or i can withdraw the application

I little help will be appreciate

berkcalg

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mirjahan said:
Need help, my wife citizenship application has been returned. Send application on 29 Sep and returned 19 Oct .

On 6F application form i did not include last 6 year, by mistake, i included only since she become a permanent resident.
Her passport was expired on 16 April 2016, she did not apply for a new passport, was not need that time, had no plan to travel.

Aug 19 2014 to April 04 2015 she travel to her country. I give photocopy of her all pages of her passport . They highlighted the expired date of her passport photocopy i send.

Ask for two choice , send complete application form with the letter or i can withdraw the application

I think there is no problem on filing 6F, you don't need to fill the 6 years, because the norm is 6 years period preceding the date of your application or since you become a permanent resident whichever is more recent. if the person is PR for 8 years for example, in this case 6 years is more recent than 8 years, then should fill 6 years, but if the person for example is PR for 4 years, in this last case 4 years is more recent than 6 years, then the person should fill just 4 years.

I think the main problem is just the passport, to resolve the problem, I think there are 3 Probabilities:

1- if she get a new passport and resent the application without any explanation, the application will be refused again
2- if she get a new passport and add a letter to explain the gap between the two passports, I think the application will be accepted
3- if just you write a letter to explain that she doesn't have a current passport and explain the reason without getting a new passport, I think the application will be accepted too.

ali393

Oct 19, 2016
The only issue is the passport. Probably renew the passport and send in the explanation with the new application about why their is a gap between the passports.

mirjahan said:

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Almosthere100 said:
Hi I am new in this forum and I applied this month. I will share my dates here as well :D

App sent: October 1st 2016
App Received: 6th 2016
AOR:
Test Request:
Test Taken:
DM:
Oath:
PVN said:
Hi,

Thanks,
Please update the spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BZma84gwofEV-GeYx13fiyxZORk8NqRjaTn-VMKtvqA/edit#gid=613945742

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tonymiz said:
I found it weird that for some it is 1 week and others 4 weeks. Is there a reason why?
I sent my application to the courier address, did I have to send it to the PO box address? maybe courier mail are handled slower?
its not the case.. i also send my application other then PO Box address.. and get my AOR in week time..

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mirjahan said:

just the explanation letter that why she didnt have current passport or y she didint renew passport. and attach with new application.
and it will be accepted.

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI,

I am confused on your answer , so if i become PR in 2016 AUG I need to give my address for 6 years back the application date if as example i am applying in 2017 - Jan / i need to put information for 2016-2015-2014-2013-2012 -20111

or 4 years after 2012 AUG

PLEASE HELP