+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

Canstar

Mar 27, 2015
Kilimandjaro said:
Thanks Canstar, I have just made a request for Access to Information and paid $5 for processing? How long does it take to have a response?

Thanks!
The C$5 payment is not for Permanent Residents/Canadians. The service is free for PR holders. The report is received by email within a period of thirty days.

Individual Entry-Exit details too from the C.B.S.A is received in the mail within thirty days.

Kilimandjaro

Oct 1, 2014
Good news this morning guys,

I just checked Ecas and it says they sent me a notice on April 2 to appear for the test on April 28 at 9 AM

I haven't received the the Mail yet but hopefully these days

Scarborough Office

Need to really study now!

Kinda relieved a little bit!

Good luck to all of us still in the process!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Canstar said:
The C$5 payment is not for Permanent Residents/Canadians. The service is free for PR holders. The report is received by email within a period of thirty days.

Individual Entry-Exit details too from the C.B.S.A is received in the mail within thirty days.
Canstar,

If you use Access to Information Act, you need to pay $5 (citizens and PR have to pay too)
If you use Privacy Act, then its free (You can choose this option to order your own records) ( You need to be a PR or citizen of Canada)

Canstar

Mar 27, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
Canstar,

If you use Access to Information Act, you need to pay $5 (citizens and PR have to pay too)
If you use Privacy Act, then its free (You can choose this option to order your own records) ( You need to be a PR or citizen of Canada)
Yes, your right CoolGuy, I goofed, my apologies!! Since I ordered it in the month of January '15, I didn't recollect under what provision I did so. Thanks anyway!! Cheers!!

Happy for you Kilimandjaro, maybe if all goes well, we will have our OATH Ceremony together at Scarborough :)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Canstar said:
Yes, your right CoolGuy, I goofed, my apologies!! Since I ordered it in the month of January '15, I didn't recollect under what provision I did so. Thanks anyway!! Cheers!!

Happy for you Kilimandjaro, maybe if all goes well, we will have our OATH Ceremony together at Scarborough :)
Cheers! and my best wishes for your citizenship process.

Kilimandjaro

Oct 1, 2014
Canstar said:

Really wish so Canstar! :)

RHH

Oct 30, 2014
Citizenship
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 10, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 15, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on March 13, 2015.

I called CIC just now and he told me that it is scheduled for Background checkso it is still in Sydney.

any one had same situation? why was it late?
:(

Apr 9, 2015
Here is my ecas status;

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 9, 2014.

We started processing your application on December 24, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Ottawa office on January 28, 2015. The Ottawa office will contact you.

Received the RQ on December 22 which I sent back the form + the supporting documents on February 9. Haven't heard back since then! I received the AOR + the booklet in November. Anyone similar to my case?

pbritton101

Jun 25, 2010
Lagos de Moreno
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2009
Passport Req..
19-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2010
We just received our Oath invite in the mail! For April 21.

Ecas has not updated.

Good luck to all of you!

lawabiden

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
radintahvildari said:
Here is my ecas status;

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 9, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Ottawa office on January 28, 2015. The Ottawa office will contact you.

Received the RQ on December 22 which I sent back the form + the supporting documents on February 9. Haven't heard back since then! I received the AOR + the booklet in November. Anyone similar to my case?
Unfortunately Ottawa office is very slow!

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
radintahvildari said:
Here is my ecas status;

My case is very similar.

msc22

Mar 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
still waiting , file transferred to scarborough since january 8th , no test news..:-(