Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramsfe said:
Ok, new rule :

To avoid having sick dumbos playing with our file, I locked it up and only those who provide an email in a private message will be able to modify it.

If you don't want to provide an email, just share your timeline on the thread and I will make sure to put it in the file...

Sorry, but there is no other way to keep this file interesting unless we make sure it is somehow accurate and reflects the reality of our applications
did you even propose a bill for these changes! (kidding). Good work.

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept15 said:
did you even propose a bill for these changes! (kidding). Good work.
Well, no I didn't :) However, I'm doing this for the greater good - To avoid having people devaluating the meaning of being a member of the october 2013 thread! I also gave myself the authority to strip all those who don't agree with me of their editorial rights ( this includes all those who don't think i'm awsome, i'm great and that I must become the next PM of Canada ;) !!!

NAHHHHH ! Just kiddin people ! :) As I said, whoever wants to be able to modify the file can do so by sending me privately his email ( that I promise not to use for unrelated reasons - and i will add that person to those who can edit the file ! This is collective work and we don't want anyone playing around with it ...

Afalina

Mar 8, 2013
ramsfe said:
Well, no I didn't :) However, I'm doing this for the greater good - To avoid having people devaluating the meaning of being a member of the october 2013 thread! I also gave myself the authority to strip all those who don't agree with me of their editorial rights ( this includes all those who don't think i'm awsome, i'm great and that I must become the next PM of Canada ;) !!!
hahaha! That`s hilarious! :D

Stork1

Oct 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received my AOR today.
Please add my info to the spreadsheet.

- In process since Jan 21, 2014
- Received by CIC Oct 21, 2013

swindsor2010

Feb 9, 2014
Hi everybody,

Today (Feb 17) I got my AOR!

Online, it says "We started processing your application on January 27, 2014". I live in Windsor, Ontario. I assume my local office is Windsor, how do I make sure? (I read someone here saying they are from Chatham, Ontario but their office is in Toronto???). I'm confused...

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swindsor2010 said:
Hi everybody,

Today (Feb 17) I got my AOR!

Online, it says "We started processing your application on January 27, 2014". I live in Windsor, Ontario. I assume my local office is Windsor, how do I make sure? (I read someone here saying they are from Chatham, Ontario but their office is in Toronto???). I'm confused...
If you stay in Windsor, your office will be Windsor :) Hope you have a speedy process like I did.

CocoaTea

Star Member
Dec 26, 2009
Now with AOR & the book here getting ready for the test...but then my leave is due sometime in Aug/Sept...so what if i leave the country then get scheduled for a test then?...i know its difficult to tell when invitation to test might take place after receiving AOR..3 months or 4 months or 6 months from now???...any ideas?/?

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CocoaTea said:
Now with AOR & the book here getting ready for the test...but then my leave is due sometime in Aug/Sept...so what if i leave the country then get scheduled for a test then?...i know its difficult to tell when invitation to test might take place after receiving AOR..3 months or 4 months or 6 months from now???...any ideas?/?
you will need to notify CIC about your travel. should ask them to schedule the test once you are back (not sure how long you are out for). these days you won't get much time between the notice and the test date, a week or two max. if you get the test notice (on e-cas) while you are away, call CIC right away. do not miss the test date as CIC is getting very strict on it and do not like re-scheduling missed tests.

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
02-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-22-2010
LANDED..........
03-25-2010
So, hubby wrote this test today at 8:30 in the Niagara Falls office. Was a fairly straight forward process - took about an hour or so.

We were greeted in the waiting room, once everyone arrived he was moved into the testing room. There were about 15 people there. Test was all multiple choice and you are forbidden from sharing what the questions are - but he assures me it was very straight forward and simple if you studied. He got 100%, took him 10 minutes.

He then met with an Immigration Officer to confirm his documents and residency/travel dates with his passport stamps. I could hear them laughing from the waiting room so I am sure it was all *very* serious :p

So that's about that I'd guess! He's been informed his Oath date will be March 21st or 29th!

Super quick considering we sent the application in Oct 24th.