+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2012 Applicants! Here's our thread!

NicJohn

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Vancouover
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2012
Doc's Request.
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-12-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
05-11-2013
KJG said:
October applicants....did you see the good news....working on apps received Sept 12.......43 day waiting period......that is awesome...it has been almost a year since waiting times were that low!!!!! ;D
If only inland applications was that quick. I still have a 5-6 month wait for stage 1...

sassylassie

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
NicJohn said:
If only inland applications was that quick. I still have a 5-6 month wait for stage 1...
boo :( you would have been one of the next ones based on when your app arrived. I did not realize stage 1 was different for inland i thought just stage 2 was longer. But remind me...do you have your spouse with you right now? When does the temp visa expire?

NicJohn

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Vancouover
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2012
Doc's Request.
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-12-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
05-11-2013
I have been in Canada for 2 years. My visa expired on 13 October 2012. We have been together for 20months. I applied inland, so i could still work, and live with my partner. My visa status is "implied". Meaning my visa is valid with all conditions I had before it expired. I applied for an OWP at the same time, so hopefully that will come through. Until that is approved or denied, i can still carry on like my visa is current. the only draw back is that i cant leave the country until i get an answer or OWP. If i do, and im refused entry my application abandoned. And we would have to apply again outland and I would have to go home to aus, or be here on a visitor visa and not be able to work.
Inland takes longer for stage 1, but being able to be with my partner and still be able to work is bonus i guess.
Stage 2 is pretty much the same timeframe for outland Aus.
Im kicking myself though, as I should have had my application ready after our year of living together, a few months back. But i procrastinated about it, doing little bits here and there.. I had to have it recieved by immigration before my visa ran out..
If i did that, i would be almost at stage 1 approval.... lesson learnt though :)

sassylassie

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
NicJohn said:
I have been in Canada for 2 years. My visa expired on 13 October 2012. We have been together for 20months. I applied inland, so i could still work, and live with my partner. My visa status is "implied". Meaning my visa is valid with all conditions I had before it expired. I applied for an OWP at the same time, so hopefully that will come through. Until that is approved or denied, i can still carry on like my visa is current. the only draw back is that i cant leave the country until i get an answer or OWP. If i do, and im refused entry my application abandoned. And we would have to apply again outland and I would have to go home to aus, or be here on a visitor visa and not be able to work.
Inland takes longer for stage 1, but being able to be with my partner and still be able to work is bonus i guess.
Stage 2 is pretty much the same timeframe for outland Aus.
Im kicking myself though, as I should have had my application ready after our year of living together, a few months back. But i procrastinated about it, doing little bits here and there.. I had to have it recieved by immigration before my visa ran out..
If i did that, i would be almost at stage 1 approval.... lesson learnt though :)
yes well it is VERY easy to procrastinate the paperwork....trust me I know. Any other work seems more appealing than sitting down to the daunting task of doing the sponsorship application. Well it sucks you cannot leave while waiting...but as you said the bright side is you are here with your partner and you get to work. Inland/outland both have their drawbacks I guess. There are so many here that cannot even get their spouses in for a visit while waiting for their outland app.

NicJohn

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Vancouover
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2012
Doc's Request.
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-12-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
05-11-2013
sassylassie said:
There are so many here that cannot even get their spouses in for a visit while waiting for their outland app.
Yeah i can imagine the pain of that. Im glad i did it this way (inland) for that very reason. I wanted to be with my partner. Longer wait, but worth it..

JiggyZee

Oct 26, 2012
Hey folks. I'm happy to be here with you. I guess if we help to assure and reassure each other the waiting will be super short :). I submitted my spousal application to CPC-V on Monday. It was delivered to the Vegreville office on October 26, 2012. However, I am getting fearful because my status expired a month after I got married and I didnt bother to restore it because my wife would be sending in the application soon afterwards. So these are my times:
1. We met on my birthday, July 29th 2011- and started to date
2. Engaged December 17, 2011
3. Married April 21, 2012
4. Honeymooned in Niagara May 19-21, 2012
5. Did medical DMP August 17, 2012
6. Sent Application by Canada Post Express
7. Delivered to CPC-V on October 26, 2012

my concerns are that because we didnt date for very long before we got married our case might be more scrutinized. we submitted as much evidence as we could- like letter from landlord, plus lease, rent receipt, joint bank account, statements from bank account, insurance, lots of photos (covering when we start to when we applied; wedding, honeymoon), wedding cards, letters from friends and families; emails from friends and families to both of us, personal letters to immigration expressing our love for each other. Do you think this was enough?

BlackandBlue

Aug 13, 2012
Hello guys, a quick opinion please.. My husband and I are now an ocean away since my visitor visa was refused and I had to go home :( this paperwork and immigration and confusion is breaking our hearts.

I am also waiting for an LMO approval and if it's a yes, I'll come back to Canada soon. If it for some reason is a no, I just need advice please.

If I apply from my country for sponsorship, it would be faster of course... Could I come to Canada to visit my hubby? Will they let me in?

We don't even know what to do with ourselves anymore. We want to apply for everything... i am a skilled worker and was in Can on an open work permit which expired and then I took an immigration officer advice and applied for a visitor visa... Biggest mistake ever...

Please help. :(

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
Another October 2012 applicant here!

Sent the application on the 17th, it was received on the 19th according to Canada Post, so here's hoping for quick stage 1 approval, fingers crossed :D

Our app is going to Sydney after stage 1, so hopefully in less than a year husband will have his Canadian PR!

computerangel

Aug 30, 2012
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCtober 10, 2012
AOR Received.
November 14,2012
File Transfer...
Nov.26,2012
Med's Done....
sept. 14,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 17,2013
VISA ISSUED...
july 02, 2013
LANDED..........
july 17, 2013
JiggyZee said:
Hey folks. I'm happy to be here with you. I guess if we help to assure and reassure each other the waiting will be super short :). I submitted my spousal application to CPC-V on Monday. It was delivered to the Vegreville office on October 26, 2012. However, I am getting fearful because my status expired a month after I got married and I didnt bother to restore it because my wife would be sending in the application soon afterwards. So these are my times:
1. We met on my birthday, July 29th 2011- and started to date
2. Engaged December 17, 2011
3. Married April 21, 2012
4. Honeymooned in Niagara May 19-21, 2012
5. Did medical DMP August 17, 2012
6. Sent Application by Canada Post Express
7. Delivered to CPC-V on October 26, 2012

my concerns are that because we didnt date for very long before we got married our case might be more scrutinized. we submitted as much evidence as we could- like letter from landlord, plus lease, rent receipt, joint bank account, statements from bank account, insurance, lots of photos (covering when we start to when we applied; wedding, honeymoon), wedding cards, letters from friends and families; emails from friends and families to both of us, personal letters to immigration expressing our love for each other. Do you think this was enough?

MINe is the same

bacontoaster

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
File Transfer...
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
06-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
Oh wow! Congrats to Jim1980 on being the first October stage 1 approval!

Toronto88

Sep 1, 2012
Toronto
Hi everyone

I just wanted to say that we (the October applicants) are the luckiest! The speed at which Mississauga Center is approving applications right now is unprecedented! :D
I got approved in 25 days!!!!!!! :eek: ;D

BTW bacontoaster plz add my timeline to the chart
EDIT: nvm already added

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
Amazing!! Congratulations to the first two applicants' approval!!

Zizka

Oct 29, 2012
Hello, Another October applicant here! :)
Our application was delivered on Oct. 3rd and out Medicals were done one Sept 6th.
Also, we are going through the Vienna Visa Office

bacontoaster

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
File Transfer...
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
06-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
Welcome Zizka! I've added you to the spreadsheet.

Also Congrats Toronto88 on the approval!