+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I passed one year from my test and still probation and residency not started . I talked to Mp and they send the email to them 17 days a go but no news yet .I passed the 18 month from beginning. I requested ATIP and compared it by one that i ordered October 2018 . Word by word was the same no changes. Just the top was the date of January 2019.but all update data was October 2018.
I am finishing my 16 months and entering the 17th month in 2 days - still no sign of any update after my test...

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
I am finishing my 16 months and entering the 17th month in 2 days - still no sign of any update after my test...
That is sad ,there is less option we can do in this stage. I send the letter, my lawyer did and my MP as well , nothing changed . Unfortunately there is no transparency to find out what is the problem .

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
That is sad ,there is less option we can do in this stage. I send the letter, my lawyer did and my MP as well , nothing changed . Unfortunately there is no transparency to find out what is the problem .
I sent an webform a couple of weeks ago and still haven't heard back yet - the response time was pretty quick right after my 12-month period was done, I usually would get the same response (at least some response lol) within 2 or 3 days, and I hadn't sent any since I got my test invite -- but now it seems like they are back to the 'ignore' mode

One thing that always puzzles me is: they could have just given a little bit more information on our status than just 'XXX checking is pending' , but they chose not too - if they give some information on where/what the delay is about, at least we could have some idea and ask them less ... but that's how this office works and there's no hope of them ever changing...

Reactions: Mehran1

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
I passed one year from my test and still probation and residency not started . I talked to Mp and they send the email to them 17 days a go but no news yet .I passed the 18 month from beginning. I requested ATIP and compared it by one that i ordered October 2018 . Word by word was the same no changes. Just the top was the date of January 2019.but all update data was October 2018.
This is insane. I am also waiting for a report from the Candian Secuity Agency who suppose to do the secuiry checks.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
This is insane. I am also waiting for a report from the Candian Secuity Agency who suppose to do the secuiry checks.
I requested the report , it showed nothing and said the rest can’t be disclosed (or something like that) , waste of time to request that lol

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
I received the response from my MP nothing new .

"" The application was considered non-routine due to the following reason(s):

o the file is under review because it requires further verifications. Be certain that the responsible office will inform the applicant, if they have to provide further details.

· The criminality verifications are currently valid.

· The security verifications are currently valid.

· The immigration verifications have not been initiated.

· Your constituent passed their citizenship exam on February 12, 2018.

· Because the application is non-routine, there is no specific processing times to finalize it. Rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient processing of the application"

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I received the response from my MP nothing new .

"" The application was considered non-routine due to the following reason(s):

o the file is under review because it requires further verifications. Be certain that the responsible office will inform the applicant, if they have to provide further details.

· The criminality verifications are currently valid.

· The security verifications are currently valid.

· The immigration verifications have not been initiated.

· Your constituent passed their citizenship exam on February 12, 2018.

· Because the application is non-routine, there is no specific processing times to finalize it. Rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient processing of the application"
Did you get finger print request ?so sorry you have to go through this ... I will probably end up like this too...

Is this the first time they told you it’s non- routine? Did they say anything during your interview?

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
Did you get finger print request ?so sorry you have to go through this ... I will probably end up like this too...

Is this the first time they told you it’s non- routine? Did they say anything during your interview?
I did my fingerprints November 2017. Base my GCMS note it is clear. I called several times to call center and they told me my file is routine and it is the first time that they saying my file is none routine. I had a wired interview. First they ask me and 4 other applicants to come to separate room for interview in scarbrough . And during interview agent ask me why you have a lawyer and why your lawyer is the same as first lawyer when you applied to come to canada . Why you have stresses. It took 5 min but It wasnt look like interview .

I said my lawyer is the best lawyer and he is a professor in immigration field . Also you call my name in front of 100 applicant to come to the separate room for interview and telling me why you have a stress. Any one get stress in this situation

Last edited:

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I did my fingerprints November 2017. Base my GCMS note it is clear. I called several times to call center and they told me my file is routine and it is the first time that they saying my file is none routine. I had a wired interview. First they ask me and 4 other applicants to come to separate room for interview in scarbrough . And during interview agent ask me why you have a lawyer and why your lawyer is the same as first lawyer when you applied to come to canada . Why you have stresses. It took 5 min but It wasnt look like interview .

I said my lawyer is the best lawyer and he is a professor in immigration field . Also you call my name in front of 100 applicant to come to the separate room for interview and telling me why you have a stress. Any one get stress in this situation
Weird ... based on the definition from IRCC website, finger print request is one of the indicators of non-routine ... so you had a lawyer for PR application and citizenship application?

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
Weird ... based on the definition from IRCC website, finger print request is one of the indicators of non-routine ... so you had a lawyer for PR application and citizenship application?
Ya he was my lawyer 7 years a go when I applied to come to canda as a skill worker. So I asked him to do my citizenship too because I was so busythat time. I didn't know it is a big deal for them .

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Ya he was my lawyer 7 years a go when I applied to come to canda as a skill worker. So I asked him to do my citizenship too because I was so busythat time. I didn't know it is a big deal for them .
I never thought about using any lawyer about these ... I’d have to gather those documents that they wouldnt be able to get, might as well just save the money and do it myself

Reactions: omerhaha

mshafiee

Dec 31, 2017
Hi... I noticed that my status finally changed to "Decision Made" this morning after 15 months. However, there is no information about the ceremony invitation. Do they usually send a separate email later? Thanks

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Test invite : February 5, 2019

Test date : February 16, 2019