+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
Yeah, I called the call center and they just said it's in process, I said I know, I can see that myself and they said that's all they can see. I sent a form request to CIC then and asked them why after one year my application is still in process! What's holding this? After a few days they emailed me back and said my application is in process and if they need anything they will let me know - another useless generic answer. No matter how or where you contact, you will get the same useless generic answer unfortunately or they will give you the info that you can already see on the e-CAS yourself. It seems there is no accountability and based on the answers they give you it’s clear that they don’t even look at your case, they just give you a generic answer – they really don’t care. I am going to wait another month and if I don’t hear back I am going to take my case to media to spread the inconsistency and unfairness of the process and I hope more do the same. Good luck all.
I can understand your situation as I'm in the same boat as you. Did you try contacting your MP? I did and got the feedback that my background check is completed and I will get the test invite soon. they will send me an email in 10 business days. Hopefully it works. If it does, I will update as soon as I hear from MP or CIC.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I can understand your situation as I'm in the same boat as you. Did you try contacting your MP? I did and got the feedback that my background check is completed and I will get the test invite soon. they will send me an email in 10 business days. Hopefully it works. If it does, I will update as soon as I hear from MP or CIC.
I have heard the same from my MP’s office ... and nothing happened after 10 business days and long after that ...

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
I think It's usually take more than 10 business now . Mine took 22 regular days (almost 16 business day) .

ersar

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Hey guys how long it takes for the status to change to decision made after the test. It’s been two weeks and still says in process. I feel every process is a drag in citizenship process!

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
Hey guys how long it takes for the status to change to decision made after the test. It’s been two weeks and still says in process. I feel every process is a drag in citizenship process!
It is different from case to case. Some changed the day after the test , mine after 9 months still is in process and I know some one who passed the test and after one year still showing in process.

sahota6423

Nov 9, 2013
edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7 nov 2013
AOR Received.
10 dec.2013
Med's Request
16 may 2014
Med's Done....
17 may 2014
Passport Req..
18 june 2014
Hi guys i apply for citizenship in october 2017 i didn't recieve anything after finger print request in april . So finally i called cic and lady said she will call their office to review my application and with in 2 days i got my test invitation so if anyone waiting like me just give them a call because it works

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the note. I have not contacted the MP, but I will wait and if it worked for you I will do the same because I heard from a lot of people that MPs can't do anything and they probably don't have time for this stuff. However, please let me know the result and good luck :)

Last edited:

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hi guys i apply for citizenship in october 2017 i didn't recieve anything after finger print request in april . So finally i called cic and lady said she will call their office to review my application and with in 2 days i got my test invitation so if anyone waiting like me just give them a call because it works
I called CIC a couple times and I don't know why they didn't call the office for me, I evenasked the agent to call to check, but they said they can't, but I"m sure they are lying becuase several people here said that the CIC agents can contact the office to folow up.

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017

Perhaps a better way of explaining it is that it's different from agent to agent. If you get an agent like mine the DM can take one year to update and if a normal agent is handling your case maybe after a week or so and if a fast and efficient agent is handling it you could see DM updated on the same day.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Good luck with MP. I haven't contacted the MP, but I will wait and if it worked for you I will do the same becuase I heard from a lot of people that MPs can't do anything and they probably don't have time for this stuff. But please let me know the result :)
Didn’t work for me...

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Sorry to hear that. I'm going to wait a couple more weeks and then I will take my case to media for a bit more visibility. I believe if they get a few cases they broadcast it. I hope you hear soon.
The media is mostly liberal media who can’t wait to sing more praises about the current immigration system, and the conservative media just doesn’t care about immigration... so I am guessing it’s probably a dead end

dreamgarfield

Star Member
Sep 2, 2012
The media is mostly liberal media who can’t wait to sing more praises about the current immigration system, and the conservative media just doesn’t care about immigration... so I am guessing it’s probably a dead end
Sorry to hear that. I'm going to wait a couple more weeks and then I will take my case to media for a bit more visibility. I believe if they get a few cases they broadcast it. I hope you hear soon.
I think we should try. Can't be worst than now. If we are enough people who complain I think it will be heard.

maob12

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Perhaps a better way of explaining it is that it's different from agent to agent. If you get an agent like mine the DM can take one year to update and if a normal agent is handling your case maybe after a week or so and if a fast and efficient agent is handling it you could see DM updated on the same day.
This is not completely true. Yes it depends on the agent, but in the sense that, u might get an agent that will invite u to write the test BEFORE your background checks are done. Or you might get an agent that will do that AFTER your background checks are done. In the first case, DM won't appear before they receive the background checks even though u wrote the test already, which explains why it takes a lot longer after writing the test (such in my case). In the second case, when u write the test and do the interview, your application is virtually done so u'll see DM in the next day or couple of days. There are cases (like mine) where your file will go unnoticed even after completing all steps, until u give them a call, after 12 months of course, and they open the file.

Reactions: kushari

stewieg666

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
This is not completely true. Yes it depends on the agent, but in the sense that, u might get an agent that will invite u to write the test BEFORE your background checks are done. Or you might get an agent that will do that AFTER your background checks are done. In the first case, DM won't appear before they receive the background checks even though u wrote the test already, which explains why it takes a lot longer after writing the test (such in my case). In the second case, when u write the test and do the interview, your application is virtually done so u'll see DM in the next day or couple of days. There are cases (like mine) where your file will go unnoticed even after completing all steps, until u give them a call, after 12 months of course, and they open the file.
make sense actually