+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

Goooo123

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Just saw this fourth line in my Ecas:

“We sent you correspondence on March 8, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.”

What does it mean? I did not receive anything in the mail neither today nor yesterday nor email.

1. Also, if it is fingerprint; as some say, should I do for my two minors?
  2. What is the right way to do it?

baktash13083

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
27-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-03-2013
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
14-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2014
LANDED..........
28-03-2014

“We sent you correspondence on March 8, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.”

What does it mean? I did not receive anything in the mail neither today nor yesterday nor email.

It usually takes 3 business days to receive anything by mail from CIC. You should wait for your mail/email before jump to any conclusions or further actions.

Reactions: Goooo123

Classically Mild

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Hello Folks. All those who are wondering why they don't have decision made after their exams, don't worry. The officer clearly told me that unless they have 50 candidates in a riding they can't schedule an oath ceremony. Hence the time from passing the exam to the ceremony varies from place to place. Like, I live in New Brunswick, where there aren't too many new immigrants. Though I have a decision made on my ECAS, I know it will not be before May or even June until I have my ceremony. It is not in our control and there is not much we can do about it.

dobeurman

Star Member
Nov 25, 2017

Same here saw that on my Ecas today

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
Hello Folks. All those who are wondering why they don't have decision made after their exams, don't worry. The officer clearly told me that unless they have 50 candidates in a riding they can't schedule an oath ceremony. Hence the time from passing the exam to the ceremony varies from place to place. Like, I live in New Brunswick, where there aren't too many new immigrants. Though I have a decision made on my ECAS, I know it will not be before May or even June until I have my ceremony. It is not in our control and there is not much we can do about it.
IT MAKES PERFECT SENSES!! THANKS FOR SHARING! passed my test Feb 13 and still IP.. getting so desperate :-( (Montreal)

Gondal the great

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Glasgow
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Dec 2011
Doc's Request.
Additional doc request on 13 June 2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2012
IELTS Request
already sent
File Transfer...
dont know but it's in LVO as I saw it personally during my interview
Med's Request
8th July 2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013.....my kids done on 22-07-2013, medical receieved in ecase 28-07-13
Interview........
13-06-2013
Passport Req..
22-11-2013 and Decision Made Line added on 6-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2013
LANDED..........
Ma Sha Allah 13th January 2014
Hi guys,
Has anyone been asked to give a police certficate on the interview day based on the fact that before coming to Canada as a PR was living in their own country ?(6months before coming to Canada in own country during the 4 last years).
Thank you
Yes they ask me on interview day

Alipasha

Dec 11, 2017
Yes they ask me on interview day
Well, you have been in your birth country more than 183 days before your PR or after that?
You know why , because I submitted my police certificate before my landing from my own country wich I’d been more than 183 days during 4 years, and after that I have never been outside of Canada for 183 days or more.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Well, you have been in your birth country more than 183 days before your PR or after that?
You know why , because I submitted my police certificate before my landing from my own country wich I’d been more than 183 days during 4 years, and after that I have never been outside of Canada for 183 days or more.
If IRCC would not require a police certificate in that instance they would make it part of their policies, just like they did for the proof of one's language skills (where they will accept expired tests if they have been used for immigration purposes).

The fact that no such policy is published means that they will not consider that police certificate to be still valid, so you will need to provide a (newer) police certificate for your citizenship application. They want a police certificate that has been issued either at the end of or after your stay in that country. The police certificate you submitted for your PR application had been issued quite some time before you left your home country (we know because of processing times for a PR application), so it is no longer deemed valid.

You can try, obviously. You may get lucky and the people reviewing your application may not notice. Or they do notice and you end up having to request a police certificate urgently so that your application does not get delayed.

In the end it's up to you and what you find an acceptable risk.

Reactions: Alipasha

thebassi35

Oct 10, 2013
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received NDVO - 17/06/2016
File Transfer...
started processing 26/08/2016
Med's Done....
march 25th-2016
Interview........
DM on 07/02/2017
Passport Req..
PPR on feb 23-2017
Is PCC sent by mail from India acceptable for citizenship applications ? Thank you in advance

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Reactions: thebassi35

Goooo123

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
It usually takes 3 business days to receive anything by mail from CIC. You should wait for your mail/email before jump to any conclusions or further actions.
I called CIC and the agent told me it is fingerprints. He told me that I cannot go to get the fingerprints does without the letter which might take a couple of days to receive.
My question:
Based on the information on the CIC website, can I get electronically my fingerprints done in a police station or it has to be done in RCMP office?
"If we’ve asked you to submit your fingerprints for citizenship, you’re responsible for paying all fees to have your fingerprints taken.
Your fingerprints must be taken electronically.
You can arrange to have them taken through: