+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi Forum Members,

I have not applied as of yet. I am filling up the application cti0002 Q11 (Tell us what were you doing your eligibility period?)

I was working for 4 years for an employer. In one year, I went to US for a week to meet friends. Came back. 3 months later went again to US to attend conference (1 week). Again few months later, went to US for a friends wedding for 3 days. All through this time, I was employed. Do I need to provide information for each year of working with those gaps (when I was not in Canada), although I was employed full time by a university.

In another year, I went 5 times to my home country ranging from 2 - 3 weeks. I was employed full time all through this time too. Do I need to provide information of all my 5 visits in Q 11. In Q 10a....I provided all the information regarding my stay outside Canada. Do I need to provide the same information again in Q 11.

In another year, as I had vacation for 2-3 weeks (in August). So I went to another country. This time too I am full time employed by the university.
I am confused as to...How does one fill Q 11 of CIT0002E....In the from and to portion...shall I mention as Jan to Dec' 2016 without a break of vacation as I am still being employed Or as Jan to August and in the next column as August to Dec. And in the next column for the weeks in my home country?

Could you guys please let me know.

Thanks,
N
Ignore holidays and that kind of short trips.
You would not list the weekends in q11. Same logic :)

canadatech

Jan 16, 2018
Yesterday I took the oath and became a Canadian Citizen
Thank you everyone for help
Here is my timeline:

Location Edmonton
App Type Single
App Sent 13 Oct 2017
App Delivered 16 Oct 2017
AOR 24 Nov 2017
IP 15 Dec 2017
Test Invite 6 Jan 2018
FP Request 12 Jan 2018
FP Sent 19 Jan 2018
Test Date 23 Jan 2018
Decision Made 1 Feb 2018
Oath Letter Invite 13 Feb 2018
Oath Ceremony 1 March 2018

Alpha_yas

Dec 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2013
Med's Request
13-01-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2013
LANDED..........
already in canada
ECAS changed to Decision Made Today.

Please update

klakhany

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 15 2011
AOR Received.
April 2012
Med's Request
January 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 1 2013
LANDED..........
June 8 2013
Hello,

Following is my timeline:

Application (citizenship) submitted: Oct 26th 2017
Notice for Test: Jan 5th 2018
Test date (Scarborough): Jan 29th 2018
Decision Made (online): Feb 5th, 2018
Letter for Oath Ceremony: ??

A friend of mine took the test (at the Mississauga office) 10 days after I did and received the letter for oath on the same day (at the test centre). I haven't received the letter yet. Anyone else with a similar issue?

Will I be notified about the oath ceremony via email or am I at the mercy of Canada Post?

Thanks for the help guys.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Some folks are asking why some applicants get processed faster and why some local offices are much faster at processing. See below from the CIC website.

Edit: some of of these also apply to citizenship grant

Why are there differences in processing times among regions and offices?
Visa offices face different challenges operating in different countries and regions, and even in different offices within the same region. Various factors can affect the time it takes to process applications, including:
  • the number of applications received;
  • the resources at an office;
  • the length of time an applicant takes to respond to requests for information;
  • the need for medical and security screening; and
  • differences in mail service.
Even though I think there might more reasons, but this is a pretty good summary.

Therefore, an October 2017 applicant that lives in Scarborough should not be comparing themselves with another (Oct app) that lives in Yellowknife. Chalk and cheese!
While I understand all Scarborough October applicants should be within the same ballpark in terms of timeline, factors such as "requests for information", "security screening" etc. should also be considered. Having said all that, I think IRCC should do a better job at resourcing local offices based on the same factors they raise.

Last edited:

Afarp

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
They recieved my application on OCTOBER 17th . I recieved AOR today . Unbelievable. 5 month to recieved AOR. I called them on Dec they said they lost application and I must send it again . And I send application on jan. But I recieved AOR for OCTOBER application .
Same story here

klakhany

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 15 2011
AOR Received.
April 2012
Med's Request
January 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 1 2013
LANDED..........
June 8 2013
Some folks are asking why some applicants get processed faster and why some local offices are much faster at processing. See below from the CIC website (this also applies to citizenship grants):

Why are there differences in processing times among regions and offices?
Visa offices face different challenges operating in different countries and regions, and even in different offices within the same region. Various factors can affect the time it takes to process applications, including:
  • the number of applications received;
  • the resources at an office;
  • the length of time an applicant takes to respond to requests for information;
  • the need for medical and security screening; and
  • differences in mail service.
Even though I think there might more reasons, but this is a pretty good summary.

Therefore, an October 2017 applicant that lives in Scarborough should not be comparing themselves with another (Oct app) that lives in Yellowknife.
While I understand all Scarborough October applicants should be within the same ballpark in terms of timeline, factors such as "requests for information", "security screening" etc. should also be considered. Having said all that, I think IRCC should do a better job at resourcing local offices based on the same factors they raise.
Thanks for the info.
Can they require a medical or secutiry screening after a decision has been made?
Also, timelines for Scarborough and Mississauga office should be compareable.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Thanks for the info.
Can they require a medical or secutiry screening after a decision has been made?
Also, timelines for Scarborough and Mississauga office should be compareable.
There is no medical for citizenship. However, I have read on this forum where status moves from DM back to IP because of security (but that's the exception, I think).