+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

roger1726

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Passport Stamp Translation ( from spanish) for mexico/cuba visit

I am currently under citizenship application. In my passport, there are some entry/exit stamps in spanish for mexico/cuba visit. Do I have to translate them before interview? If need, can you suggest a trusted translation service in calgary alberta? Thanks!

Mazcar

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Stamp Translation ( from spanish) for mexico/cuba visit

I am currently under citizenship application. In my passport, there are some entry/exit stamps in spanish for mexico/cuba visit. Do I have to translate them before interview? If need, can you suggest a trusted translation service in calgary alberta? Thanks!
Depends on the officer. From my extended family experience, two were asked to translate and three weren’t asked. If you wanna be in the safe side you can just translate ot and take it with you to the interview

alde81

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
Guys. Update to my case. I cancelled my trip just to attend the oath ceremony this coming feb 27th. I talked to 3 agents and they all have the same answer. I told them that i did the email and webform about rescheduling the oath ceremony. They said it depends to the judge or officer if they will accept my reason not to attend. So i told them if i can still can attend the oath even though i send an email about rescheduling. They said i can. They are not gonna remove my name on the list. I told them why is that. They said because people sending email and letters about not showing up but they still show up. So they said. They will reschedule me AFTER the oath ceremony and do the decision if they will give me a new sched or letter of abandonment w/c is i have to re apply again and they will refund the 100$ w/ is the right of citizenship.

They give me a 2 options,
1. Send an email or letter again saying that i will attend the oath ceremony now
2. Just show up and do the ceremony.

I asked them if what if they approve my reason and give me a new sched. They no. I told u that they will make a decision after ur ceremony. U wont get any emails or update before that day. I said ok. But after that conversation. They congratulate me for becoming a citizen.

Bottom line. I cancel my trip now and i did send again an email saying that i cancel my trip already and i will show up on that day. Hopefully everything will be fine.

So update for my status please

Feb 9 - oath invite thru email
Feb 27 - oath ceremony (8.30am) edmonton

I will update u guys after my ceremony if what will happen. Thanks
You should be lucky because you will soon to be Canadian, forget about your trip, vacation can be reschedule anytime.

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
City Oakville.
4. We sent you a notice on February 9, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 28, 2018 at 12:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
City Oakville.
4. We sent you a notice on February 9, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 28, 2018 at 12:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
updated, good luck!

Michael_2011

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
AB
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Buffalo_transferred to Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2011
Nomination.....
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2012
File Transfer...
CPP - Ottawa
Med's Request
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
21-03-2012 (Med recieved 15May2012)
Interview........
"In Process" status change May 5, 2013
Passport Req..
26-04-2013 , "decision made" status change 30-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-05-2013 (at Coutts)
updated! Almost there!
Hi everyone,

How long after you give the test and interview does the exams get updates to further steps?

Thanks!