+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
hello guys
I just want to know if passport Expired does it mean no test and no Citizenship till passport renewal ??
thanks
Not sure I understand your question. If your passport has expired, you don't necessarily need to renew it unless you're travelling. You will need to provide an explanation on the application form as to why it wasn't renewed and/or account for any gaps in passport validity.

lonleyplanet1995

Jan 13, 2018
Not sure I understand your question. If your passport has expired, you don't necessarily need to renew it unless you're travelling. You will need to provide an explanation on the application form as to why it wasn't renewed and/or account for any gaps in passport validity.
yes passport expired since 2014 didn't renew it as no plans to travel . . my application for Citizenship is IP . is the passport going to be an issue for delay ??

Toronto456

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
Guys, app received on 16th October, AOR on 8th Nov and no updates after that. Does it make sense to order GCMS notes or it will slow down the process.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Guys, app received on 16th October, AOR on 8th Nov and no updates after that. Does it make sense to order GCMS notes or it will slow down the process.
Is your application "In Process" or still "Application Received" ? IMO, ordering GCMS notes doesn't delay an application. I ordered them for my PR, and now for my citizenship application.

ghadawinnipeg

Oct 13, 2015
winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2017
I passed the test but they asked me for freedom of act information from us since we visit us a lot anyone know how we can can obtain it?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Still "Application Received".
Perhaps try calling them ? It is believed that CPC-Sydney does some basic background check on GCMS before applications are put in process at local CPCs. Not sure if your GCMS notes would show anything if it hasn't started processing yet.