App. Filed.......
29-09-2009
Doc's Request.
30-03-2012
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
30-05-2013
Anyone over 65 and applied after the 3/5 rules got their citizenship yet? My mother's case is still in progress since December 2017. We applied in October 2017.

orchids8

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2009
Doc's Request.
30-03-2012
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
30-05-2013
Oh, will the interview be at the same time when folks are taking their exam? Does she need to study the book?

She will have to appear for an interview, even though she is exempted from the test.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Oh, will the interview be at the same time when folks are taking their exam? Does she need to study the book?
Interview is mandatory for everyone, which is conducted right after the test. She doesn't need to study the book.

They will just make sure that she satisfies the physical presence that was claimed, as well as verify her identity and all original documents including new and expired passports.

I'm basing this on the information and status updates provided by two other senior applicants on this forum.

orchids8

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2009
Doc's Request.
30-03-2012
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
30-05-2013
Thank you for your reply! Has the other senior got their citizenships yet? I'm also wondering if she needs to renew her passport since it's expiring in April, but I suggested to my mother not to renew it. She'll be needed it whenever she's asked to attend the interview. What do you think? I worry that while renewing her current passport, she won't have it in hand to present it. It also takes about 2-3 months to get the passport renewed.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thank you for your reply! Has the other senior got their citizenships yet? I'm also wondering if she needs to renew her passport since it's expiring in April, but I suggested to my mother not to renew it. She'll be needed it whenever she's asked to attend the interview. What do you think? I worry that while renewing her current passport, she won't have it in hand to present it. It also takes about 2-3 months to get the passport renewed.
The other senior is a September applicant and their interview is in Feb.
SJF14 Vancouver Single 1479 Sep 05, 2017 Sep 07, 2017 Oct 11, 2017 Nov 08, 2017 Dec 20, 2017 Feb 02, 2018

IMO, I don't think renewing passport is mandatory. In the interview, she can just explain to them that she didn't have any travel plans and chose not to renew it.

Reactions: orchids8

babak3215

Oct 9, 2017
Hey guys,

I need your help please!

After I got a FP req last week, I reviewed the documents that I sent along with my application, found that I sent an unsigned photocopy of my current passport, DAMN! (As I keep scan of my documents on my computer, I mistakenly kept a very old scan of my current passport before I signed it, and that’s what I sent to IRCC). This maybe caused the FP.

Now, I can send them the signed copy with an explanation through web form. Or I can also wait until interview day.

What do you think guys? Any suggestions?

orchids8

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2009
Doc's Request.
30-03-2012
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
30-05-2013
Thank you :) I should check with ECAS to see if there's an update.

The other senior is a September applicant and their interview is in Feb.
SJF14 Vancouver Single 1479 Sep 05, 2017 Sep 07, 2017 Oct 11, 2017 Nov 08, 2017 Dec 20, 2017 Feb 02, 2018

IMO, I don't think renewing passport is mandatory. In the interview, she can just explain to them that she didn't have any travel plans and chose not to renew it.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hey guys,

I need your help please!

After I got a FP req last week, I reviewed the documents that I sent along with my application, found that I sent an unsigned photocopy of my current passport, DAMN! (As I keep scan of my documents on my computer, I mistakenly kept a very old scan of my current passport before I signed it, and that’s what I sent to IRCC). This maybe caused the FP.

Now, I can send them the signed copy with an explanation through web form. Or I can also wait until interview day.

I am 100% certain that the missing signature was not the reason for the FP request. Think logically.

I would say that by resending the document, you are likely going to cause more chaos than it's going to help. Just bring the passport to the interview and if they bring the signature thing up, explain.

Disclaimer: This suggestion is based on my general experience dealing with IRCC and similar agencies. I don't have any direct experience with unsigned passports and IRCC.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hey guys,

I need your help please!

Your passport was unsigned ? How is that possible - isn't the signature digitally printed on the passport ? Or do you mean the photocopy was unsigned ?

Reactions: babak3215

babak3215

Oct 9, 2017
I am 100% certain that the missing signature was not the reason for the FP request. Think logically.

I would say that by resending the document, you are likely going to cause more chaos than it's going to help. Just bring the passport to the interview and if they bring the signature thing up, explain.

Disclaimer: This suggestion is based on my general experience dealing with IRCC and similar agencies. I don't have any direct experience with unsigned passports and IRCC.
Thanks @spyfy for sharing your opinion, its appreciated.
The second guess about getting FP is that I lost my previous passport. It was expired several month before my first arrival and becoming PR, I lost it in my back home.
Would it be the cause of FP ?

babak3215

Oct 9, 2017
Your passport was unsigned ? How is that possible - isn't the signature digitally printed on the passport ? Or do you mean the photocopy was unsigned ?
No, there is a space on it to be manually signed, no digital signature. Actually I scanned it before I signed it about 4 years ago, and kept the scan on my computer till present, but signed it later and forgot to rescan it and replace the file on my computer.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thanks @spyfy for sharing your opinion, its appreciated.
The second guess about getting FP is that I lost my previous passport. It was expired several month before my first arrival and becoming PR, I lost it in my back home.
Would it be the cause of FP ?
Fingerprints are typically requested when your name and/or biographical profile results in a hit in the RCMP/CSIS database. They need your FPs to make sure it's not you.

IMO, your passport has nothing to do with the FP request. Also, FWIW, I concur with Spyfy that there's no point in sending an updated copy now. Just take it with you to the interview and explain if the need arises.

Reactions: babak3215

Afarp

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
If any one got this kind of message from web form reply regarding AOR ? ,today I received this email a week ago I was submitted web form
What is next ?

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.