+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
This is messed up. What if I never used health OHIP ? I only have dental records
It is possible for sure that one could've never had the need to use OHIP, but should be ok - they wouldn't depend on that document alone to determine physical presence - right? All the documents they requested will complement each other to prove residency.

I hope its not a tactic they are using to deal with the mass number of applications since 11-Oct.

Reactions: razerblade

sapuser72

Jan 29, 2015
Toronto
AOR Received.
29-11-2017
Hi All,
My ECAS shows the application is In Process as of today (Dec 14). Could any of the admins please do the necessary update on the sheet?
Thanks

JamesBond007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
This is messed up. What if I never used health OHIP ? I only have dental records
I never used OHIP and even i do not have the OHIP number. I was in Ontario for 5 months and shifted to Alberta. I remembered that in Alberta i had seen doctor couple of times and dental once. I want to mention in a letter that i can't provide OHIP record due to so and so reason and i want to list the documents which i am unable to provide and want to give the reason. that's all i can do.

JamesBond007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Do they ask for this random thingie before the IP, during or after? Just curious
after IP. All the documents are mentioned Dec 05th which is my ip date. fingerprints should be completed within 30 days from ip date and the remaining documents should be submitted within 60 days from my ip date.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
after IP. All the documents are mentioned Dec 05th which is my ip date. fingerprints should be completed within 30 days from ip date and the remaining documents should be submitted within 60 days from my ip date.
I read on this forum they asked for these info so they will be satisfied that your physical presence calculations is correct and you were actually in the country for your required days to qualify to apply for citizenship.

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
Please update, I am asked to provide finger prints within 30 days from my IP date.

Yesterday I got a pack in mail including a letter called QUALITY ASSURANCE EXERCISE AND REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE from CIC Edmonton. in the letter the mention that i was picked randomly and asked so many documents.

1. they asked me to fill physical presence questionnaire [form CIT 0205 (11-2017)E].
2. A Letter requesting fingerprints [CIC asked me to give fingerprints in RCMP or local police or accredited private fingerprint agency]
3. A form requesting a reference [they gave a reference form to fill with their details and phone numbers, one should know reference for the last two years]
4. A consent form [this is a form i need to sign, which tracks travel history between US and Canada]
5. A list of required documents [ passport all pages, entry/exit record from all countries where i lived and traveled, provincical/territory personal health claims summary, rental or lease agreements, letter from landlord confirming rental period, property titles or mortgage documents, property tax assessments,t4s all employment letters, records of employment and there are few more documents which are not related to me]

Any one got the same thing ? i have a US visitor visa but i never traveled to US. how do i get records of my travel from India and UK ?
how do i get my health history from Ontario and Alberta ? and where should i go for my finger prints in Edmonton ? i can see that there is a fee for fingerprints.

Anyone please help.

That is sad to hear. I wonder which things trigger RQ. Extensive travels? Movings? Job history?

Since IRCC have access to CRA tax filings, that should be perhaps the strongest support in proving residence. That makes me think it might be the case when CRA information does not fully 'match' the information provided by the applicant. Well who knows..

JamesBond007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
That is sad to hear. I wonder which things trigger RQ. Extensive travels? Movings? Job history?

Since IRCC have access to CRA tax filings, that should be perhaps the strongest support in proving residence. That makes me think it might be the case when CRA information does not fully 'match' the information provided by the applicant. Well who knows..
Not sure what triggers RQ. still i am trying to analyse. i do not have much travel history. i landed in Toronto in 2012 Dec and stayed in a hotel for 4 days and left Uk and India. then came back Oct 2013. Last couple of months i went to India for just couple of weeks. Apart from this i do not have any other travel history. i think i have a B1/B2 visa for USA and never been to US till now.

paulh

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
Please update my info on tracking sheet.

Sent application as family but only my spouse received AOR on Dec 13th.

I am yet to received AOR email but I can see my status online and so can my spouse.

In the status, they said application received on Oct 30, whereas, it was delivered on Oct 23rd. Since I am not counting days, it does not matter when they received it and when they entered into system.

Thanks!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
@razerblade, Could you please update Sandrobt (line 645) adding AOR on Dec 11 ?

Thanks!
Done. Good luck!
Please update my info on tracking sheet.

Sent application as family but only my spouse received AOR on Dec 13th.

I am yet to received AOR email but I can see my status online and so can my spouse.

In the status, they said application received on Oct 30, whereas, it was delivered on Oct 23rd. Since I am not counting days, it does not matter when they received it and when they entered into system.

Thanks!
Updated. Good luck!

Reactions: sandrobt

thebassi35

Oct 10, 2013
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received NDVO - 17/06/2016
File Transfer...
started processing 26/08/2016
Med's Done....
march 25th-2016
Interview........
DM on 07/02/2017
Passport Req..
PPR on feb 23-2017
When your application is returned and you resend the corrected one again,Do you have include that letter(which contains reason for return) that comes with returned application??

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
When your application is returned and you resend the corrected one again,Do you have include that letter(which contains reason for return) that comes with returned application??
No. They give you that letter to let you know what you specifically missed. So you can fix those errors and resubmit your complete application.

But yesterday or day before someone said he/she got his/her application back and in letter it was mentioned that you wont lose your spot if you resubmit. So in that case you probably should include that letter. I missed that part of conversation so I dont know more details. But @razerblade might know. I remember him having conversation with that person.

Reactions: thebassi35

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
Not sure what triggers RQ. still i am trying to analyse. i do not have much travel history. i landed in Toronto in 2012 Dec and stayed in a hotel for 4 days and left Uk and India. then came back Oct 2013. Last couple of months i went to India for just couple of weeks. Apart from this i do not have any other travel history. i think i have a B1/B2 visa for USA and never been to US till now.
Well. Simple answer. It's RANDOM. However, I am sure the selection criteria of randomness do not include certain citizenships.