+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

paritosh

Jan 12, 2010
Hope that this wait game will be over soon....

I do have DM 3 days after test. However seems like I’m the only one from that test date (in this forum) waiting for oath. Pretty much everyone else in that test batch had DM along with me but have oath scheduled. I just feel left out and that freaks me out.

Last edited:

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
I do have DM 3 days after test. However seems like I’m the only one from that test date (in this forum) waiting for oath. Pretty much everyone else in that test batch had DM along with me but have oath scheduled. I just feel left out and that freaks me out.
After the DM your file is "complete", its now just the matter of scheduling per citizenship ceremonies, nothing to worry about. You can get invite any moment.

You can find the schedule here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx

I see in Saskatoon there are only 2 in April for now and that is less as compared to Calgary, for example.

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
ha ha nice question to kill time.

I think option 4 gives most peice of mind. lol (provided after test you have DM)

I think, some of us are neither options. Some got to oath within 4 months (not even urgent processing); while others wait long for every step. One thing is for certain when it comes to processing, location is a key factor.

Krish@111

Mar 26, 2018
Hi, I am new to this community page but, i applied on Oct 12 and received my File Number on Nov 01 with Processing started on Dec 23 and got the FP requested on Jan 23 which i submitted on Jan 24 but still in progress with no updates after that.

Is someone is same phase as me just waiting ?

Reactions: J24

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Hi, I am new to this community page but, i applied on Oct 12 and received my File Number on Nov 01 with Processing started on Dec 23 and got the FP requested on Jan 23 which i submitted on Jan 24 but still in progress with no updates after that.

Is someone is same phase as me just waiting ?
I have added you to the Oct sheet. Can you share your
Physical Presence Days
App received date

Linga

Mar 26, 2018
My application decision made on March 11th 2018. But what happens between decision made and oath request??? Just curious . Please advise

gokeeper

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Hi,
Kid's application will not change usually. when you receive the Oath request , same will be added as a line to kid's application status . i.e in the details after the line we started processing app on so and so date.
No worries.
Thanks so much!

gokeeper

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
oakville, Hamilton office, application received October 19th and IP inn january 2nd
Please check the spreadsheet, there are few others from Haltoin/Hamilton including myself get IP on 2nd Jan or 3rd Jan, and still waiting for test invitation. Hope we will get there soon.

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
This is just a comment to kill time.

Which one do you prefer (all things being equal) and why?

1. delayed AOR, fast test invite, delayed oath; 8-10 months processing
  2. quick AOR, delayed test invite, fast oath; 8-10 months processing
  3. delayed AOR, delayed test invite, fast oath; 8-10 months processing
  4. quick AOR, fast test invite, delayed oath; 8-10 months processing
Option 2. Quick AOR means I know they have received my application. Delayed test invite isn't too bad as this forum makes the wait interesting ;)

Reactions: Joshua1