App sent: Oct 11, 2017
App received: Oct 13, 2017
After 3/5 rule

caissaca

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
Hi all,
Just couple questions if you dont mind replying:

1) In CIT0002E, For question 9 (During your stay in Canada, did you have Temporary Resident or Protected Person's status in Canada before you became a permanent resident?), I answered Yes, and entered "Worker (Post Graduation Work Permit)" for the applicable period. Did I have to enter Temporary Resident Holder instead of "Worker"?
2) For Question 11, I listed all my employment and unemployment history but did not provide a contact person from work, just provided a close friend contact who is not from my employer. Is that fine?

Thanks so much for the help.

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
I live within a half hour of the U.S. border and have made hundreds of trips across for gas, groceries, day trips, etc. - I couldn't possibly document them. Anyone else in a similar situation that has written and explication letter? I would be curious to see it. Thanks.

Tonimir

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
I live within a half hour of the U.S. border and have made hundreds of trips across for gas, groceries, day trips, etc. - I couldn't possibly document them. Anyone else in a similar situation that has written and explication letter? I would be curious to see it. Thanks.
I'd suggest you to get an I-94 report. Once you get the report you fill in all the trips (yes, hundreds of entries if required). This is the safest route that you can take. Otherwise, you may end up in a situation your application to be either rejected or you being sent for an RQ , which will make you do this exercise regardless. This is just my opinion. I am not an expert.

Canven84

Oct 17, 2017
Hi all,

1) In CIT0002E, For question 9 (During your stay in Canada, did you have Temporary Resident or Protected Person's status in Canada before you became a permanent resident?), I answered Yes, and entered "Worker (Post Graduation Work Permit)" for the applicable period. Did I have to enter Temporary Resident Holder instead of "Worker"?
2) For Question 11, I listed all my employment and unemployment history but did not provide a contact person from work, just provided a close friend contact who is not from my employer. Is that fine?

Hi @caissaca,

1) Worker is ok. The question itself asks about Temporary Status. As a Worker is implied that is Temporary.

2) The Contact person has to be someone from the company. I guess if they want to validate with the company that you actually worked there. Why would you put a friend's contact?

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
I'd suggest you to get an I-94 report. Once you get the report you fill in all the trips (yes, hundreds of entries if required). This is the safest route that you can take. Otherwise, you may end up in a situation your application to be either rejected or you being sent for an RQ , which will make you do this exercise regardless. This is just my opinion. I am not an expert.
I am an American citizen so there is not I-94 for me. Also, the application states do NOT apply for the Canadian border crossing report if you are applying for citizenship since it will delay your processing. What is an RQ?

Hi all,

1). Worker is fine
2). I think you are to put the name of a manager that can verify that you worked there. Since you have already submitted, just hope for the best. I do t think that they call for verification most of the time. Good luck.

Reactions: caissaca

Canven84

Oct 17, 2017
I am an American citizen so there is not I-94 for me. Also, the application states do NOT apply for the Canadian border crossing report if you are applying for citizenship since it will delay your processing. What is an RQ?
RQ is a Residence Questionnaire. IRCC sends the RQ to applicants for citizenship who they suspect may not have met the residence requirement to become a Canadian citizen.

Basically you would need to submit as much proof as possible of your physical presence in Canada. That would include lease agreements, bank statements, doctor appointments, photocopies of every page of your passports and a ton of other documents.

That's why is so important to apply with a buffer on days and disclose every trip as much accurate as possible on the first time.

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
RQ is a Residence Questionnaire. IRCC sends the RQ to applicants for citizenship who they suspect may not have met the residence requirement to become a Canadian citizen.

Basically you would need to submit as much proof as possible of your physical presence in Canada. That would include lease agreements, bank statements, doctor appointments, photocopies of every page of your passports and a ton of other documents.

That's why is so important to apply with a buffer on days and disclose every trip as much accurate as possible on the first time.

I am in good shape with that - I am at 1500 days since the days trip don't count against me. Also, I have actually lived in Canada since July, 1999, fourteen years at my current address.

Last edited:

Tonimir

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
RQ is "Residence Questionnaire". It is triggered when the officer is not satisfied with the Residency compliance of the applicant.

In your situation I'd then take a look at my credit card statements, month by month, later try the best in filling in the absences.
I know, it will be a painful process, but it is a one-time thing.
Once you are all done (to your best effort), just put an explanation letter, were to tell that you put the dates of absence to your best of knowledge. At least, the officer will realize that you put the effort into this long list of entries and will probably appreciate it.