+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

SarahF

Oct 12, 2017
Admin, please update my status, which has changed to in process.

In Process: Dec 19, 2017
AOR: Dec 3, 2017
Application Received: Oct 19, 2017
Application sent: Oct 17, 2017

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GOt an email after i posted earlier.

Test invite Jan 10. Edmonton

Sir/Madam,

The purpose of this notice is to invite you to a Canadian Citizenship Test.

The date, time and details of your appointment are attached to this email.

· Please read the attached notice carefully to verify the date/time of your appointment and bring all applicable items listed in the attachment to ensure you will be eligible to participate in the Citizenship Test.

· Please print the enclosed attachments and bring to your test appointment

· Please do not arrive more than 1 hour prior to your scheduled Citizenship Test due to the high amount of client volume in the check-in/waiting area.

It is very important that we are notified of any changes in your contact information (i.e. address, email, and telephone number).

Please visit our Web site at www.cic.gc.ca for information on:

1. How to change your contact information;

2. Application processing times;

3. Checking the status of your application.

You may also call the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada Client Support Centre toll-free number at 1-888-242-2100.

If you are unable to attend this event, please contact us as soon as possible at

cic-edmonton-citizenship@cic.gc.ca to request a new date.

Please include a reasonable explanation as to why you are unable to attend.

Thank you on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, we look forward to your attendance.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I posted that about 2 hour ago and after 1 hour , i received test date in email.
Starting to wish I lived in Alberta! The offices there appear to be moving along. Yeah, Ontario has more applications to sort through, but still.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Niagara falls. which is his CPC, is usually very fast due to a lack of applications to process.
Maybe they can pick up some Toronto slack...!

I'm curious about something else. For those of you who are applying under the new rules, if you go to ECAS, log in and go where you can view your status... Below that are the status explanations "The following tables will help you understand the status of your application."

Click on "Application for Canadian Citizenship (Grant of Citizenship)".

Under the explanation of "In Process", what does it list as the ages to have to take the test?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Maybe they can pick up some Toronto slack...!

I'm curious about something else. For those of you who are applying under the new rules, if you go to ECAS, log in and go where you can view your status... Below that are the status explanations "The following tables will help you understand the status of your application."

Click on "Application for Canadian Citizenship (Grant of Citizenship)".

Under the explanation of "In Process", what does it list as the ages to have to take the test?
I noticed, that section on ecas is not updated. Still shows 14-64 years old. I applied under the new rules.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I noticed, that section on ecas is not updated. Still shows 14-64 years old. I applied under the new rules.
Ok thanks. I'm pretty sure the letter I received requesting FP stated that mine was being processed under the new rules, but then saw the 14-64 and wondered if it hadn't been updated or if I was subject to the old rules.

Edit: Just looked at the letter again and it doesn't say anything about being processed under new rules. I thought I saw that somewhere, but don't remember where.

Edit 2 (lol): The AOR letter that was emailed to me is where I saw it. In there it does state 18-54.

Last edited:

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Ok thanks. I'm pretty sure the letter I received requesting FP stated that mine was being processed under the new rules, but then saw the 14-64 and wondered if it hadn't been updated or if I was subject to the old rules.

Edit: Just looked at the letter again and it doesn't say anything about being processed under new rules. I thought I saw that somewhere, but don't remember where.
Could be in your AOR email attachment.