+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI Questions

4Raj

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
Bls Brampton, but my application was on point. The girl tried really hard to find error in my application.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
HI,

Going to submit my OCI application at BLS Brampton later this week. Having some questions on the application form - if someone who has already submitted can help answer them - would really appreciate it:

1) There was a section “applicants passport details” in the first page of the Part A - we need to enter Canadian or Indian passport details in section ? Since Indian passport is cancelled and we have surrender certificate it does not make sense to enter that but their online instructions screenshot says enter Indian passport details hence confused.

2) "Do you have any relatives staying in India" - Isnt "relatives" a very generic term? I just put my mother father name & address as that is the only close family I have back there. Hope that's enough.

3) Part A and Part B completed hence I got the reference # to upload the documents. Now if I need to go back and change anything on A or B questions I need to redo the whole application? Or will I get an option to make any amendments once document upload is complete?

4) Stuck on Upload documents section. Why such a long list of documents ???! Some of them dont even apply to me for e.g. Indian Visa, PIO, Spouse OCI card etc. Does this mean we select and upload only those which are relevant?
  1. Current Passport
  2. Employment/Work Letter - Is this an actual letter from work or just a letter written by us mentioning where we work is enough?
  3. Indian Origin Proof
  4. Indian Visa - Whats this?
  5. Joint declaration of subsisting marriage - I dont even understand what this is?!
  6. Marriage Certificate
  7. PIO
  8. Relationship Certificate - What kind of documents are these?
  9. Spouse OCI Card
  10. Spouse Passport
5) Documents uploaded need to be attested or just scan of the original is fine?

6) I am also going to be applying my child's OCI along with mine - will there be optoin to add family member or will I need to do a full new application ?

Thank you in advance. Hope someone is able to respond quickly.

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
HI,

Going to submit my OCI application at BLS Brampton later this week. Having some questions on the application form - if someone who has already submitted can help answer them - would really appreciate it:

1) There was a section “applicants passport details” in the first page of the Part A - we need to enter Canadian or Indian passport details in section ? Since Indian passport is cancelled and we have surrender certificate it does not make sense to enter that but their online instructions screenshot says enter Indian passport details hence confused.

2) "Do you have any relatives staying in India" - Isnt "relatives" a very generic term? I just put my mother father name & address as that is the only close family I have back there. Hope that's enough.

3) Part A and Part B completed hence I got the reference # to upload the documents. Now if I need to go back and change anything on A or B questions I need to redo the whole application? Or will I get an option to make any amendments once document upload is complete?

4) Stuck on Upload documents section. Why such a long list of documents ???! Some of them dont even apply to me for e.g. Indian Visa, PIO, Spouse OCI card etc. Does this mean we select and upload only those which are relevant?
  1. Current Passport
  2. Employment/Work Letter - Is this an actual letter from work or just a letter written by us mentioning where we work is enough?
  3. Indian Origin Proof
  4. Indian Visa - Whats this?
  5. Joint declaration of subsisting marriage - I dont even understand what this is?!
  6. Marriage Certificate
  7. PIO
  8. Relationship Certificate - What kind of documents are these?
  9. Spouse OCI Card
  10. Spouse Passport
5) Documents uploaded need to be attested or just scan of the original is fine?

6) I am also going to be applying my child's OCI along with mine - will there be optoin to add family member or will I need to do a full new application ?

Thank you in advance. Hope someone is able to respond quickly.
Refer this: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf
1. Canadian Passport
2. Just mention details of your parents
3. Yes if you need to make changes once you cross that twilight you will have to create a new application
4. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10335797
7. Uploaded documents do not need to be attested, only the documents you'll submit to BLS need to be self attested
8. New application for each application (adult or minor). for minor's please make sure you complete the NOC as well and attach the photo's https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10325801

Reactions: DiNaV

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Thank you @abbas.pasha

Refer this: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf
1. Canadian Passport
3. Yes if you need to make changes once you cross that twilight you will have to create a new application
4. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10335797
7. Uploaded documents do not need to be attested, only the documents you'll submit to BLS need to be self attested
8. New application for each application (adult or minor). for minor's please make sure you complete the NOC as well and attach the photo's https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10325801

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
1. Canadian Passport
Do you similar post of yours with details about passport surrender documents list for adult and kid?

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
The SC document list is pretty straight forward, just try and follow the checklist and you should be through
Ok one particular question is about kid signature.. bls customer service told kid can write kids name if possible for kid... but in the form it says minor can out thumbprint... so confused.. isn't minor means kid till 18years.. so kid is big kid like 10 or 10+ then should kid write name as signature or put thumbprint?

Also how many days is it taking for SC to come back issued?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Ok one particular question is about kid signature.. bls customer service told kid can write kids name if possible for kid... but in the form it says minor can out thumbprint... so confused.. isn't minor means kid till 18years.. so kid is big kid like 10 or 10+ then should kid write name as signature or put thumbprint?

Also how many days is it taking for SC to come back issued?
They can sign or just simply write their name
This is what my daughters did for their respective SC applications

Reactions: desmat

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
They can sign or just simply write their name
This is what my daughters did for their respective SC applications
Thank you.. if kid is signing means writing kid's first name as sign on application form, then just to confirm, will it be only 2 pages of application form?
or will it be also same on the checklist page? and on each photocopy also where parents signing as true copy? or not?

ankurbhatia17

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
I have recently applied for OCI but have to travel to India for indefinite period. I will be travelling on Entry Visa. Is it possible to ask a friend/ family to carry/ courier OCI card to me in India? I can make a quick short trip to Nepal/ Dubai and re-enter India on OCI

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I have recently applied for OCI but have to travel to India for indefinite period. I will be travelling on Entry Visa. Is it possible to ask a friend/ family to carry/ courier OCI card to me in India? I can make a quick short trip to Nepal/ Dubai and re-enter India on OCI
I don't think you need to do any Nepal/Dubai trip. Just need to contact FRRO and change your status.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Is it mandatory to have a draft made for the consular fees even if we are going in person? Cant just pay using Debit card?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Why not Maldives ;)

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thank you.. if kid is signing means writing kid's first name as sign on application form, then just to confirm, will it be only 2 pages of application form?
or will it be also same on the checklist page? and on each photocopy also where parents signing as true copy? or not?
kitne question poochta hain bhai :p
either thing is fine, sign or first name or full name. The authorities understand that its minors signature this will change once they become older.