Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER received: 09 January, 2015(Friday)
AOR Received.
03 Feb, 2015(Tuesday)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
SLU: 28 April, 2015- Tuesday (Processing started on 23rd April, 2015-Thursday)
Med's Request
12 May, 2015(Tuesday)
Med's Done....
23 May, 2015(Saturday)
Interview........
TLU: 04th June, 2015(Thursday)
Passport Req..
18 June, 2015(Thursday); Passport submitted through VFS on 19 June, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited; Decision made: 20 June, 2015(Saturday)
LANDED..........
Also did you check what documents to upload for a minor born in India ?
We have a flight to catch tmrw(I have a oci card and my wife and daughter are waiting for their tourist visa for over 3 weeks now). When we did the application, we were told that it will take 7 days and now they say it can take 30 days, however their website says 7-10 days. Not sure who’s right or wrong and same goes with the high commission of India. They are not running the system/ process, in fact ruining everything.

sach1234

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 September, 2014(Tuesday)
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03 Feb, 2015(Tuesday)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
12 May, 2015(Tuesday)
Med's Done....
23 May, 2015(Saturday)
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
We have a flight to catch tmrw(I have a oci card and my wife and daughter are waiting for their tourist visa for over 3 weeks now). When we did the application, we were told that it will take 7 days and now they say it can take 30 days, however their website says 7-10 days. Not sure who’s right or wrong and same goes with the high commission of India. They are not running the system/ process, in fact ruining everything.
[/QUOTE

I am not sure of the documents you’ll need for a minor born in India. My daughter was born here so probably a different set of Documents .

Rana Singh

Feb 17, 2022
Hi,

We are applying for a family of three for surrender and hopefully OCI at the same time. From what I understand, we need to pay for the OCI via a bank draft. Since they process the OCI individually, do I need to make 3 drafts for $345 each, or one draft for $1,035 will do?
3 drafts . Three appointments if submitting application personally.

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
previously it was possible but now rules are changed recently and you could not apply for oci before acquiring surrender certificate
You mean surrender certificate before acquiring OCI?;)
3 appointments too? That's crazy.
Yes some weird logic, its opposite to covid restriction. Y need to come 3 times when u can finish 3 application in one appointment?
BLS toronto is the worst of them all.

COOL_DUDE_CANADA

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Urgent help please
For surrendering indian passport they are asking for record of landing, I don't have it .

Is it mandatory and would I not be able to go ahead with process - I am short of time as I have my flight on 23rd march and have to surrender and apply for entry visa

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Urgent help please
For surrendering indian passport they are asking for record of landing, I don't have it .

Is it mandatory and would I not be able to go ahead with process - I am short of time as I have my flight on 23rd march and have to surrender and apply for entry visa
Yes, I was able to confirm from BLS (Vancouver) today that COPR (self-attested copy) is needed for the Surrender package.

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
You don't even have a scanned copy? I guess talk to BLS and find out your options. Perhaps they might ask you to write a declaration letter explaining your situation.
Why would they even need that? Keep changing rules every month. I guess for Feb 2022 landing documents is necessary.

• Sad
Reactions: vvarma

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
I paid the courier fee for my visa application at BLS Toronto, but I don't see any purolator tracking code on my receipt. Will I get one by email after my application is approved? Also, I asked the BLS agent if I can just collect my passport from the center itself, but she told me that the consulate directly ships the passport via purolator. Is that true? I thought the passport comes back to BLS and they ship it.

sach1234

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 September, 2014(Tuesday)
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03 Feb, 2015(Tuesday)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
12 May, 2015(Tuesday)
Med's Done....
23 May, 2015(Saturday)
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I paid the courier fee for my visa application at BLS Toronto, but I don't see any purolator tracking code on my receipt. Will I get one by email after my application is approved? Also, I asked the BLS agent if I can just collect my passport from the center itself, but she told me that the consulate directly ships the passport via purolator. Is that true? I thought the passport comes back to BLS and they ship it.
yeah the passport goes to the BLSand then they ship it to us through Purolator.
BLS is a short form for Bullshitters, they don’t know what they are doing and saying. They make, amend and cancel their own rules.

Reactions: deepax and vvarma

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Why would they even need that? Keep changing rules every month. I guess for Feb 2022 landing documents is necessary.
True, they want to make it as tough as possible. Today I was told that even though Vancouver accepts Surrender + OCI together, I still need to book 2 appointments since 1 appointment = 1 application ONLY! How cool is that? :rolleyes: I am amazed at this bureaucracy. And then I was promoted with their wonderful Purolator service with $$$ ==> $50 (pickup) + $40 (drop for surrender) + $40 (drop for OCI)

Reactions: dineshrehab