App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 05-04-2016 SA:02-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
Submitted Walkin BLS Brampton on 28th Jan still showing no record, any one with similar timeline got their status updated?

Thanks!
Submitted 26th Jan Toronto walk-in.

Same status. Will update in this thread if it changes.
Update: Checked today morning and see the following:
On ociservices.gov.in: Status is : UNDER-PROCESS. Date of acknowledgement: 16-FEB-2022. Until yesterday (or maybe until day before yesterday), it would show NO RECORD FOUND.

On BLS website, there are two lines:
In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre
Processing at Consulate General

Until yesterday, both lines were 'Processing at Consulate General'. I suppose first line is for returning the original document, second line is for the OCI booklet.

I'll give another update when I receive the original from purolator.

Rendezvous70

Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/12/2014
Doc's Request.
DD encashed - 14/02/2015
Nomination.....
08/03/2015
AOR Received.
15/04/2015
IELTS Request
submitted with the file
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 / TLU - 06/06/2015
Interview........
DM Update - 01/08/2015
Passport Req..
07/08/2015
VISA ISSUED...
20/08/2015
LANDED..........
April 2016
Hello,

Does anyone know, if I send the OCI application by post at Brampton location, there is a bank draft of $345 in favour of CGI TORONTO, $ 7.4 + courier fee payable to BLS INTERNATIONAL , Does anyone know how much is the courier fees ? what if I dont want the courier services

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
Hello,

Does anyone know, if I send the OCI application by post at Brampton location, there is a bank draft of $345 in favour of CGI TORONTO, $ 7.4 + courier fee payable to BLS INTERNATIONAL , Does anyone know how much is the courier fees ? what if I dont want the courier services
Don't include courier fees in the bank draft. I did that for my surrender application, and upon approval, they straight out denied the fact that I had paid them the courier fee. I ultimately got that sorted, but it was a nightmare dealing with them. Just don't include the courier fee for now and wait till the application is approved and ready for collection. Once that happens, you can book the purolator return service from their website.

kaurpreet

May 1, 2019
India
AOR Received.
12-12-2018
Hello,

It’s $80 for both pickup & return. You don’t have to make draft for that. When you call BLS office, then they will ask you to provide your name & email & then immediately send you a link on your email to pay for the purolator. This is how I paid for the courier.
please make sure to check each & every single detail before sending postal application because my application was returned due to a minor mistake on the application form & I had to pay courier fees two times ‍♀

• Wow
Reactions: vvarma

Rendezvous70

Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/12/2014
Doc's Request.
DD encashed - 14/02/2015
Nomination.....
08/03/2015
AOR Received.
15/04/2015
IELTS Request
submitted with the file
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 / TLU - 06/06/2015
Interview........
DM Update - 01/08/2015
Passport Req..
07/08/2015
VISA ISSUED...
20/08/2015
LANDED..........
April 2016
It’s $80 for both pickup & return. You don’t have to make draft for that. When you call BLS office, then they will ask you to provide your name & email & then immediately send you a link on your email to pay for the purolator. This is how I paid for the courier.
please make sure to check each & every single detail before sending postal application because my application was returned due to a minor mistake on the application form & I had to pay courier fees two times ‍♀
I submitted my OCI in person and the staff there put the courier charges as well . I asked that I will collect myself and he said that it might delay your application. I said ; what ! , how does that matter in processing the application. So I asked him to refund my courier charges and do a self pick up. So he did that. I then asked him about my son's application, he said that I can collect it from BLS but he said that both parents have to come, which is ok.

So should I just send the $345 and + $7.4 for processing ? correct

• Wow
Reactions: hashish89

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
Few questions for those who have successfully received their citizenship surrender certificate, using the courier option with BLS Toronto/Brampton. I am a bit paranoid since it seems BLS will use pretty much any excuse to come back with more questions.
  • Did you paste the 2x2 photo in the space provided, or just leave 1 loose photo in the envelope?
  • For the Canadian passport copy, did you include just the photo page, or also the next page with address handwritten?
  • Did you self-attest any of the document photocopies submitted?

For those that have successfully received surrender certificates for their family. We are a family of 4 (me + spouse + 2 minor children).
  • Do we need to create 4 separate logins on passportindia.gov.in for each family member? Or is it ok to have you a single login, and create 4 surrender applications under that single login?
  • Does BLS need 4 separate drafts of $129.40 each, or can I send a single draft for $517.60? I recall somebody said previously on this thread that they sent in a combined draft. This is of course very logical, but I want to know if BLS accepted it.
  • Did your minor children affix their thumb impression in the box below the photo, and also at the bottom of page 2 of the surrender application? Do both parents need to sign below the thumb impression on both pages?

Nov 2, 2020
Hello Parsh,

1. loose photo .
2. First photo page only.
3. i did self attest the photocopies.

Few questions for those who have successfully received their citizenship surrender certificate, using the courier option with BLS Toronto/Brampton. I am a bit paranoid since it seems BLS will use pretty much any excuse to come back with more questions.
  • Did you paste the 2x2 photo in the space provided, or just leave 1 loose photo in the envelope?
  • For the Canadian passport copy, did you include just the photo page, or also the next page with address handwritten?
  • Did you self-attest any of the document photocopies submitted?

For those that have successfully received surrender certificates for their family. We are a family of 4 (me + spouse + 2 minor children).
  • Do we need to create 4 separate logins on passportindia.gov.in for each family member? Or is it ok to have you a single login, and create 4 surrender applications under that single login?
  • Does BLS need 4 separate drafts of $129.40 each, or can I send a single draft for $517.60? I recall somebody said previously on this thread that they sent in a combined draft. This is of course very logical, but I want to know if BLS accepted it.
  • Did your minor children affix their thumb impression in the box below the photo, and also at the bottom of page 2 of the surrender application? Do both parents need to sign below the thumb impression on both pages?

jmehta197

Feb 14, 2022
Yes finally today got my OCI card.
you will get yours in next two days because in the next step, status will change to “passport ready for collection after OCI stamping “ and then on the next day, your tracking number will be displayed on bls website
Is this change in status on OCI website or BLS website?

kaurpreet

May 1, 2019
India
AOR Received.
12-12-2018
I submitted my OCI in person and the staff there put the courier charges as well . I asked that I will collect myself and he said that it might delay your application. I said ; what ! , how does that matter in processing the application. So I asked him to refund my courier charges and do a self pick up. So he did that. I then asked him about my son's application, he said that I can collect it from BLS but he said that both parents have to come, which is ok.

So should I just send the $345 and + $7.4 for processing ? correct
Yes if you choose to pick by yourself but it is weird that still they were asking for courier charges.

deepax

Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
Yes if you choose to pick by yourself but it is weird that still they were asking for courier charges.
Their main business is to extort money from applicants on the basis of courier charges.

Liaising between applicants and consulates is just a side business.

Don't believe me? Try dealing with them in person or over phone. Every person will push the heavily overpriced courier service to you.

Reactions: vvarma

hashish89

Feb 14, 2022
Hello Everyone!!!

What is the process after receiving the certificate?
Is it better to apply for Canadian passport or surrender certificate first?
What is the step by step process?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you

deepax

Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
Hello Everyone!!!

What is the process after receiving the certificate?
Is it better to apply for Canadian passport or surrender certificate first?
What is the step by step process?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you
If you are in no hurry, go through these steps one after the other.

- Apply for Canadian passport
- Once you receive Canadian passport, apply for surrender certificate (you can apply for surrender without Canadian passport but you have to write an extra letter, not worth it imo).
- Once you receive surrender certificate, apply for OCI. (Some jurisdiction may still allow you to apply for surrender + OCI at the same time but Toronto definitely does not).

Reactions: hashish89

hashish89

Feb 14, 2022
If you are in no hurry, go through these steps one after the other.

- Apply for Canadian passport
- Once you receive Canadian passport, apply for surrender certificate (you can apply for surrender without Canadian passport but you have to write an extra letter, not worth it imo).
- Once you receive surrender certificate, apply for OCI. (Some jurisdiction may still allow you to apply for surrender + OCI at the same time but Toronto definitely does not).
Thank you so much !!!