OCI process

rohansekhri

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
Toronto
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
Hello Friends,
planning to visit BLS Toronto next week for OCI and passport surrender, can anyone help me with the following clarifications?

Do we need to self attest documents for passport surrender with a note "this is a true copy of the original"? The checklist does not mention anything (OCI checklist explicitly mentioned that we need to self attest all supporting documents)
Yes.. do it on every copy you have. else, they'll make you do it there.. go to a guy who wears specs. avoid the lady there. she creates rules out of thin air. Also, there is a Toronto public library nearby. Don't come home if they tell you to do a correction. Use TPL for prints. Carry your ID and you can get a card then and there with $5 loaded which can be used for prints.

Reactions: rtamuli

ajit90

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
Hi Ajit,
Did you receive your surrender certificate!
Just received my surrender certificate .
So less than 3 weeks for me

Reactions: AKS@1987

snehagupta12us

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Winnipeg-Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Application reached CIO Sept 24, 2012
Nomination.....
24 Aug 2012
AOR Received.
15 Nov 2012
Med's Request
19-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
23-Nov-2012
Passport Req..
DM: 31-July-2013 PPR: 01-Aug-2013
Is BLS Toronto accepting walk-in applications for OCI without appointments?

hims0912

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Hey everyone, can someone please advise: how many photographs do we need to submit with the application ? I am sending my passport surrender and OCI together (scheduled pickup with Purolator this Thursday). Is this below correct ?
surrender application: paste one photograph on the online filled form + one extra.
OCI: send one along the package (On the online printed a and b parts there is one photo already there uploaded)

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Is BLS Toronto accepting walk-in applications for OCI without appointments?
I applied last week (walk-in). Accepting only appointments, but they will allow few walk-in applicants (first come first) also. There are only 3 counters inside aka only 3 applicants at a time. Usually the walk-in waiting line starts early morning. I went at 5 AM, but I was 3rd in line already. By 8 AM (opening time), the number of walk-in applicants line grew to 25. You don't have to go at 5 AM, but it will improve the chances of going inside the office fast if you are first in line. Good luck.

Reactions: viperD

rtamuli

Sep 20, 2021
My apologies for posting a query related to eVisa to India in this group, I could not find an active group relevant to this topic, hence reached out to this group for some help.

The eVisa webisite does not show CANADA as one of the dropdown options under Nationality/Region. Can anyone please confirm if India has stopped issuing eVisa to Canadians?
I am referring to this site:
https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/Registration

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
My apologies for posting a query related to eVisa to India in this group, I could not find an active group relevant to this topic, hence reached out to this group for some help.

The eVisa webisite does not show CANADA as one of the dropdown options under Nationality/Region. Can anyone please confirm if India has stopped issuing eVisa to Canadians?
I am referring to this site:
https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/Registration
I am not sure, but someone mentioned that it opens up from Nov-15th.

Reactions: rtamuli

rtamuli

Sep 20, 2021
I am not sure, but someone mentioned that it opens up from Nov-15th.
Just got this confirmation from e-TV Support Team (official email address listed in the website). Hope this info is useful for others

Subject: Re: eVisa for Canadian citizen
Date:
Nov 2, 2021 at 5:55 PM
To: ####

Dear Applicant,

Canadian nationals are not eligible for an e-Visa.
You should contact the nearest Indian embassy in your country.
For more information about the embassy, visit the website - http://www.mea.gov.in/indian-missions-abroad.htm

Regards
e-Visa support Team

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Just got this confirmation from e-TV Support Team (official email address listed in the website). Hope this info is useful for others

Subject: Re: eVisa for Canadian citizen
Date:
Nov 2, 2021 at 5:55 PM
To: ####

Dear Applicant,

Canadian nationals are not eligible for an e-Visa.
You should contact the nearest Indian embassy in your country.
For more information about the embassy, visit the website - http://www.mea.gov.in/indian-missions-abroad.htm

Regards
e-Visa support Team
You'll have to apply and receive a physical visa. Canada has been removed from the list of countries eligible for e-visa.

Thangappa

Aug 30, 2021
Hey everyone, can someone please advise: how many photographs do we need to submit with the application ? I am sending my passport surrender and OCI together (scheduled pickup with Purolator this Thursday). Is this below correct ?
surrender application: paste one photograph on the online filled form + one extra.
OCI: send one along the package (On the online printed a and b parts there is one photo already there uploaded)
Hey, I submitted my application last week at Brampton bls for both OCI and Surrender Applications, we need two photographs - one for OCI and one for Surrender. but it's advisable to keep one extra photograph in each application. Please ensure the details on Surrender app should align with Indian passport and details on OCI should align with Canadian passport. I had some issue with my birth place printed on my Canadian passport so had to submit notarized affidavit. Good luck!

Reactions: priysen02

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Hi
Has anyone travelled recently from India to Canada via Heathrow ? Just wanted to know if it's possible.

arav12345

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
Hey, I submitted my application last week at Brampton bls for both OCI and Surrender Applications, we need two photographs - one for OCI and one for Surrender. but it's advisable to keep one extra photograph in each application. Please ensure the details on Surrender app should align with Indian passport and details on OCI should align with Canadian passport. I had some issue with my birth place printed on my Canadian passport so had to submit notarized affidavit. Good luck!
How long will it take for you to receive your OCI?

rohansekhri

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
Toronto
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
Hi
Has anyone travelled recently from India to Canada via Heathrow ? Just wanted to know if it's possible.
checked with my uncle in London. he says one needs to quarantine if stepping out. I have also seen a link on BA, where Terminal 5 (BA's terminal) has a covid test centre, which one can use. Any source I ask gives another info. Just coz of that i dropped the DEl - LHR - YYZ idea and coming back direct.

Reactions: vishalv