+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
VTG said:
I had a family member find out and in India they said it was printed and sent back Aug 22 2016 but website does not reflect that and BLS unfortunately is either unable to help or just not wanting to.

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with Indian office from here ?

Thanks
Are you located in BC or Alberta? If yes, you can contact CGI India Vancouver as per the following link:

http://www.cgivancouver.org/pages.php?id=6

You can find details of Mr.Shammi Arora, Email: indiapscg@telus.net. It took me around 3 weeks to get a reply.

Consulate General of India
#201-325 Howe Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 1Z7 Canada
Telephone : (604) 662-8811
Reception : (604)-662-4643
Working hours: 0900 hours to 1730 hours (Monday to Friday)

Emergency Telephone number: 604-551-9626

vaibhavpatel

Oct 31, 2014
My daughter's OCI documents received at Vancouver on Sept 3, 2016 as per passport.gov.in OCI online status enquiry. BLS online tracking status still shows Processing at consolute general.
application sent: 16 july, 2016

When am I expecting the Passport back for my daughter? they says 2 months processing time. that will be around 16 september. Is anyone in same boat as me or any Idea about final receipt of docs?

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
thecoolguysam said:
Are you located in BC or Alberta? If yes, you can contact CGI India Vancouver as per the following link:

You can find details of Mr.Shammi Arora, Email: indiapscg@telus.net. It took me around 3 weeks to get a reply.

Consulate General of India
#201-325 Howe Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 1Z7 Canada
Telephone : (604) 662-8811
Reception : (604)-662-4643
Working hours: 0900 hours to 1730 hours (Monday to Friday)

Emergency Telephone number: 604-551-9626

Thank you so much !

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
vaibhavpatel said:
My daughter's OCI documents received at Vancouver on Sept 3, 2016 as per passport.gov.in OCI online status enquiry. BLS online tracking status still shows Processing at consolute general.
application sent: 16 july, 2016

When am I expecting the Passport back for my daughter? they says 2 months processing time. that will be around 16 september. Is anyone in same boat as me or any Idea about final receipt of docs?
My OCI Documents were received at Vancouver on 18th August. I received it from Fedex on 30th August.

It should be approximately two weeks for you to receive the documents. You may receive it before 17th September approximately.

lauris17

Mar 15, 2016
regarding oci for my 5 months old son

Hello everyone, Really need right information could not find on websites. Experienced people advice are welcomed . Guys me and my husband are two different nationalities, I m from Colombia and my husband is from India. We are not married yet for some reason but we declared common law relationship already beginning of this year. My husband is Canadian citizen and my self on open work permit as my permanent resident application in process. My husband wants to apply OCI for our 5 months old baby. My question is common law couple baby are eligible to apply OCI on behalf of my husband. We don't have marriage certificate but I do have common law relationship notarized letter from Alberta notary to proof our relationship. Birth certificate of my son also proof of father name and as well as mine (mother name). Looking for advice from all of u guys. Any comment would be appreciate. Thanks in advance

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Re: regarding oci for my 5 months old son

lauris17 said:
Hello everyone, Really need right information could not find on websites. Experienced people advice are welcomed . Guys me and my husband are two different nationalities, I m from Colombia and my husband is from India. We are not married yet for some reason but we declared common law relationship already beginning of this year. My husband is Canadian citizen and my self on open work permit as my permanent resident application in process. My husband wants to apply OCI for our 5 months old baby. My question is common law couple baby are eligible to apply OCI on behalf of my husband. We don't have marriage certificate but I do have common law relationship notarized letter from Alberta notary to proof our relationship. Birth certificate of my son also proof of father name and as well as mine (mother name). Looking for advice from all of u guys. Any comment would be appreciate. Thanks in advance
This would be a question for BLS international & CGI Vancouver. Please contact them as follows:

http://www.blsindia-canada.com/contactus.php

lauris17

Mar 15, 2016

Thanks Sam for reply. Bls don't have right information. To whom I should reach in cgi Vancouver?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada

lauris17 said:
Thanks Sam for reply. Bls don't have right information. To whom I should reach in cgi Vancouver?
As per the link mentioned above, you can contact:
Mr.Shammi Arora,Consul,CGO&OCI @ indiapscg@telus.net

It took me three weeks to get a reply and you should expect delay in the reply. There are more names mentioned in the link, try contacting the appropriate people if you want.

Here is the link again:

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
Details of my wife/infant son OCI application timeline.
BLS Center – Scarborough

Applied – August 8, 2016
• Original Documents received – August 22, 2016

Date Of Acknowledgment 12-AUG-2016
Registration Status at Mission TORONTO
OCI- Number AXXXXXX
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 09-SEP-2016
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 12-SEP-2016
Document received At TORONTO On 17-SEP-2016

OCI Booklet received at Home by Fedex – September 20, 2016.

Tip* – The picture you upload is what is printed on the OCI booklet, NOT the Picture you submit. At least in my case.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
fprince said:
Details of my wife/infant son OCI application timeline.
BLS Center – Scarborough

Applied – August 8, 2016
• Original Documents received – August 22, 2016

Date Of Acknowledgment 12-AUG-2016
Registration Status at Mission TORONTO
OCI- Number AXXXXXX
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 09-SEP-2016
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 12-SEP-2016
Document received At TORONTO On 17-SEP-2016

OCI Booklet received at Home by Fedex – September 20, 2016.

Tip* – The picture you upload is what is printed on the OCI booklet, NOT the Picture you submit. At least in my case.
That was fast. Congratulations!

I used the same picture. One was digitally uploaded and one was sent along with the application.

lauris17

Mar 15, 2016

hello sam and everyone here , i tried to reach to mr. shammi kapoor and send an email to him but didnt got any reply yet its been over a week already. any other suggestion would be appreciate about my situation.kindly quote ur experience please.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada

lauris17 said:
hello sam and everyone here , i tried to reach to mr. shammi kapoor and send an email to him but didnt got any reply yet its been over a week already. any other suggestion would be appreciate about my situation.kindly quote ur experience please.
I received a reply in 3 weeks. Not sure how much time it would take for you.

PA2016

Sep 22, 2016
Hi Dilip,

Does the website show all these dates below, when it went to Delhi, returned, etc? My tracking has only been showing "processing at consulate general" for almost the last 90 days. This has been very frustrating. It was sent to the Vancouver CGI.

DilipJoshi said:
Here is the update - just talked to BLS Customer Service, and they confirmed that OCI card is being dispatched via Fedex and will be received Aug 2 (tomorrow). It seems that the courier fees I paid originally ($35 something plus HST), includes courier delivery of the original documents (already received previously), as well as courier delivery of the new OCI card to home address.

Also, to add, there is no need to return or cancel the old OCI card, as per the Customer Service. We can just keep it. Considering that, they really have simplified the whole process.

Here are the dates from start to finish:

Submitted at BLS: - Jun 23, 2016
Acknowledgement Date - Jul 5, 2016
Processed (Delhi) - Jul 19, 2016
Dispatched (Delhi) - Jul 23, 2016
Received Toronto - Jul 29, 2016
Home (in Fedex) - Aug 2, 2016

So the entire process from date of submission to date updated document received at home is 6 weeks, which is exactly what the lady at BLS counter told us on day one of submission - kudos to BLS - I am impressed. If I had clarified the receipt process at the time, there would not have been any confusion. From date of acknowledgement, it is only 4 weeks document would be in the hand, for any future readers of this thread.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
PA2016 said:
Hi Dilip,

Does the website show all these dates below, when it went to Delhi, returned, etc? My tracking has only been showing "processing at consulate general" for almost the last 90 days. This has been very frustrating. It was sent to the Vancouver CGI.
You are looking your status at BLS website. For complete details check the Indian website:
https://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury

PA2016

Sep 22, 2016
thecoolguysam said:
You are looking your status at BLS website. For complete details check the Indian website:
I checked that, it only shows the Date of Acknowledgement as June 30, 2016 and Document Printing Status as Under-Process. Nothing else. Does this mean, they have not sent it to India for processing at all?