+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

iWish2

Feb 18, 2020
Can anyone advise what is the procedure to pickup OCI from BLS Brampton ? They have it with status "(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping) " but considering that purolator doesn't deliver on weekends and I have a flight on Tuesday, I would prefer to go there and collect it myself today (if possible)

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi friends, we had our walk-in appointment at the BLS Brampton yesterday for OCI application, and the agent rejected our form, claiming that the marriage registration date is not the date the marriage was solemnized but the date you register it with the local authority. In my case, the marriage was solemnized in March but registered in July. I had a strong urge to fight this because in India, OCI applications are accepted with the date the marriage was solemnized. Anyways, we have a backup appointment tomorrow, so I'm not too bothered. Does anyone have any insight on this? @abbas.pasha @forw.jane
You have to use the registration date not the marriage date :confused:

• Sad
Reactions: rushi.gada

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Can anyone advise what is the procedure to pickup OCI from BLS Brampton ? They have it with status "(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping) " but considering that purolator doesn't deliver on weekends and I have a flight on Tuesday, I would prefer to go there and collect it myself today (if possible)
3-4.30 pm is pickup time.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi friends, we had our walk-in appointment at the BLS Brampton yesterday for OCI application, and the agent rejected our form, claiming that the marriage registration date is not the date the marriage was solemnized but the date you register it with the local authority. In my case, the marriage was solemnized in March but registered in July. I had a strong urge to fight this because in India, OCI applications are accepted with the date the marriage was solemnized. Anyways, we have a backup appointment tomorrow, so I'm not too bothered. Does anyone have any insight on this? @abbas.pasha @forw.jane
No comments...
just the usual BLS bickering on trivial topics.. Marriage Date vs Registration date...
Tomorrow when you go and submit the form with Registration date to a new individual sitting across the counter their feedback would be that use Marriage Date instead :D
Maybe you are better off to prepare 2 forms (which will mean 2 separate applications for you and spouse) one with marriage date and the other with registration date...
BLS waala bolega ye form nahin chalega just throw the other form on their face and say, to yeh lo naya wala :D

• Haha
Reactions: rushi.gada

mnsharma100

Feb 29, 2024
Hi
What was your date for Dispatch from MEA ?
Want to get an idea how long did it take for the process.
Thanks

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
When applying OCI for my 2YO son, should I get the money orders in his name or mine? Does it matter?
Get a bank draft.
The issue with MO is that although they are accepted form of payment the have usually limited character space available and complete Consulate General of India, Toronto name is not included (it has been reported by many forum members here)
Usually when make the bank draft usually bank does not mention under whose name the draft been issued.

Reactions: mejaz

mejaz

Dec 9, 2016
Toronto, ON
Passport Req..
10-04-2018
Get a bank draft.
The issue with MO is that although they are accepted form of payment the have usually limited character space available and complete Consulate General of India, Toronto name is not included (it has been reported by many forum members here)
Usually when make the bank draft usually bank does not mention under whose name the draft been issued.
Thank you....never done a bank draft before......will try tomorrow.

mejaz

Dec 9, 2016
Toronto, ON
Passport Req..
10-04-2018
Dang, this is so much! So applying for my 2YO. We need both my wife and mine passport copies and old Indian passport copies? Im running out of printer ink here printing for 3 ppl :-D Please could someone tell me how to show proof of address for my son?