+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well!

I'm gearing up to submit our OCI application in person at the Brampton location next week. For those of you who have gone through this process recently, could you please confirm a few things for me?

How many physical photos did you have to submit? I've come across some information online suggesting that some individuals were asked for two pictures, which contradicts what the website states.

If we're submitting in person, do we still need to create a bank draft for BLS, or can we pay with our card?

Are there any other precautions we should take to avoid being scammed or misled?

Thank you all in advance for your assistance!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello everyone,

I'm gearing up to submit our OCI application in person at the Brampton location next week. For those of you who have gone through this process recently, could you please confirm a few things for me?

How many physical photos did you have to submit? I've come across some information online suggesting that some individuals were asked for two pictures, which contradicts what the website states.

If we're submitting in person, do we still need to create a bank draft for BLS, or can we pay with our card?

Are there any other precautions we should take to avoid being scammed or misled?

• 1 Photo
  • Yes you need a draft for paying the OCI fee towards CGI, Toronto for $345

Reactions: rushi.gada

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

1 is enough but I carried 2 just to be safe.

BLS fees in-person you can pay with debit card/cash

Do take your marriage certificate(if married :) ). Out of blue they might feel the need of it.

Reactions: rushi.gada

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
friends - can someone share the phone number to contact BLS Brampton? my friend OCI is on the border. His flight is on friday night and status now is Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping
He is thinking to check options to collect directly before they dispatch via courier.

Please share the number if you are aware

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
friends - can someone share the phone number to contact BLS Brampton? my friend OCI is on the border. His flight is on friday night and status now is Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping
He is thinking to check options to collect directly before they dispatch via courier.

Please share the number if you are aware
Better would be visit BLS center during pickup time.

Reactions: citi4raj

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
I have an odd situation.

the OCI website says that Toronto has received my OCI on Feb 17. However it is Feb 21 and BLS website keeps saying “Processing at Consulate General”. I have noticed that within 2 days of OCI being received in Toronto, the OCI gets sent by courier.. in my case it’s 4 days and counting

I know it’s not a lot but knowing BLS it makes me nervous. Has anyone experienced this? Should I be following up?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I have an odd situation.

the OCI website says that Toronto has received my OCI on Feb 17. However it is Feb 21 and BLS website keeps saying “Processing at Consulate General”. I have noticed that within 2 days of OCI being received in Toronto, the OCI gets sent by courier.. in my case it’s 4 days and counting

I know it’s not a lot but knowing BLS it makes me nervous. Has anyone experienced this? Should I be following up?
1-2 days BLS should pick it up from Consulate.

Reactions: shinyjoshua

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
I called BLS to have my address changed to that of a friend, they did it over the phone. I am in India on eVisa now, and my OCI is at the Toronto Consulate, should be dispatched in a few days. I can update this thread on how the experience goes, and if my friend actually receives it properly
Thanks a lot and will wait for your reply

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Guys, any luck with Vancouver jurisdiction, mine is still under process, acknowledge date is 23rd December
It seems there are not many folks active on this forum from Vancouver, there is a tracking sheet(in my signature) which shows some data entries, you can add yours there to see some trends, not sure how updated it is though

iWish2

Feb 18, 2020
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn14-FEB-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn15-FEB-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Have a flight on 5th March, will I be getting OCI in hand before that ? Total 2 adults and 1 minor, status same for all of us.