+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

nishant872

Star Member
May 28, 2018
It won't work as your DD is of the wrong amount. BLS fees has decreased. Surrender had a single DD requirement made against BLS. OCI has two separate ones. So create separate ones if you don't want your application to be returned and your courier fees wasted.

No need to paste photo on the form. Just put it a small envelope and send it with your application.
we need 2 or 1 photo in the postal application for OCI card?

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
Hello all,

Please help here

We applied OCI for our newborn and it is still in progress. (In person on 11th Jan at BLS Brampton)

We have an emergency and traveling this weekend with an e-visa for my kid

We will not be at home by the time of card is delivered. what are the options for me?

Should we go to BLS Brampton to change the shipping address? Can we do that? if yes, can we ask them to ship it to my friend's address? do I need to provide any proof of address of my friend?

or ask them to hold it until we come back? how long they can hold?

Which way is the easiest method to contact BLS? Walk at 3pm or mail or phone?

Please help, thanks alot

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello all,

Please help here

We applied OCI for our newborn and it is still in progress. (In person on 11th Jan at BLS Brampton)

We will not be at home by the time of card is delivered. what are the options for me?

Should we go to BLS Brampton to change the shipping address? Can we do that? if yes, can we ask them to ship it to my friend's address? do I need to provide any proof of address of my friend?

Please help, thanks alot
If you don't do anything, Purolator will keep it for 5 business days and then return it back to BLS. Based on some previous message on the forum, BLS will keep it for 1 yr.

Change of address n all better do it in person at BLS. Not sure how much successful it will be.

Reactions: Kiranmayi

tejaspan

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
What are the processing stages for fresh OCI? I sent mine in post on 9th Jan to Brampton BLS. It reached there on 12th Jan, received email on 13th. Today it shows underprocess on BLS tracking.

Thank you.

DudeNextDoor

Oct 20, 2023
Hello all,

Please help here

Please help, thanks alot
I called BLS to have my address changed to that of a friend, they did it over the phone. I am in India on eVisa now, and my OCI is at the Toronto Consulate, should be dispatched in a few days. I can update this thread on how the experience goes, and if my friend actually receives it properly