+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

roy1947

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Hello,

1>for spouse's passport details. Do I need to enter her Canadian passport details or Indian passport details ?
2> Do I need to paste photograph on the OCI application or the printed one is ok ?

Reactions: desmat

Jyoti071

Star Member
Nov 8, 2023
Do you mean this https://cspe.ca/?
But how does that relate to getting an entry or living or working in India ?
Is CSPE even recognized in India ?
Sorry but my understanding of a professional is one that has a governing body that maintains standards. So when another country checks the individual they can check with the governing body to see if they hold a license. But I see what you’re saying and also I think it’s very different to medical governing bodies so that’s where I’m getting confused.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Sorry but my understanding of a professional is one that has a governing body that maintains standards. So when another country checks the individual they can check with the governing body to see if they hold a license. But I see what you’re saying and also I think it’s very different to medical governing bodies so that’s where I’m getting confused.
See this professional experience thing becomes relevant if the applicant is working for the federal govt, defense or intelligence organizations. In those scenarios getting OCJ is next to impossible
For regulated profession like Doctors, CA, Architects this might be relevant as their skill sets might come in handy in India

JohnWick07

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
I applied via courier - courier was received by BLS Brampton on Jan 4th 2024 . BLS website started showing status from 12 Jan. On 18 Jan status started showing Processing at Consultate General. Any idea by when I may receive mine?

JohnWick07

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
Has anyone sent OCI application recently through postal option to BLS?
If yes, then how many days did it take in total or how many BLS took to show first status in its tracker from the date it was delivered to them?
I applied via postal - Purolator said it was delivered on 4th Jan, BLS wesbite started showing status Jan 12 onwards. Jan 18th its been showing processing at consulate general but no idea when it maybe done.

Reactions: desmat

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
New Born OCI - Walk-In BLS Brampton
Applicant NameXXXXX
File Reference NumberXXXXX
Application DateBLS BRAMPTON25-NOV-2023
Date Of AcknowledgmentOCI PORTALOn21-DEC-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- NumberXXXXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn29-JAN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn30-JAN-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Last edited:

adk1111

Jan 21, 2024
Application Status(Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping)

I have asked this already but will ask again since I have a flight next week (7th Feb). Oci has been showing the above status since 23rd January (Postal application to Surrey BLS). Should i Just bite the bullet and get an E-Visa?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Application Status(Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping)

I have asked this already but will ask again since I have a flight next week (7th Feb). Oci has been showing the above status since 23rd January (Postal application to Surrey BLS). Should i Just bite the bullet and get an E-Visa?
Is there no purolator label created for it?