+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

ssnvenkatadit

Mar 30, 2022
Can anyone tell me the list of documents required for surrendering Indian Passport. Do I need to submit any additional documents which are not mentioned in the checklist. For example employment letter, spouse passport, spouse COPR, my COPR, etc. Or should I just submit the documents listed in the checklist.

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
Applicant NameXX
File Reference NumberXX
Date Of AcknowledgmentOCI PORTALON21-DEC-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- NumberXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn29-JAN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn
Application DateBLS BramptonOn25 NOV-2023

Finally got an update now

Last edited:

hrb3

Aug 1, 2018
Date Of Acknowledgment08-DEC-2023
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
OCI- NumberXXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn29-JAN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtOTTAWAOn

Got an update today!!

yash91pathak

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
Hello All,
Just did my surrender application last week and now I am starting to focus on the OCI process. I have a few basic questions, which I am sure have been asked a million times on this forum, but I just thought I would ask here to confirm the most up to date information.
Q1. For "Professional Details of the applicant", should I take my offer letter (it is atleast 3 year old) or should I get a new letter from my employer and take both? or do people just write a letter on their own?

Q2. Applicants Passport details
On this link - https://www.hciottawa.gov.in/pdf/Step-wise-process-for-OCI-application-new.pdf , it says to enter Indian passport details
But on this link https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Form-Filling-Instructions.pdf it says to enter as per Candian passport
Can some one confirm which info is to be entered?

Q3. Fees.: For a walk in application, is it ok just to get a draft for $345 for Consulate General of India - Toronto and pay all the other fees(i.e. BLS related fees) pay via debit/cash ?

Q4. Place of Birth : In my Canadian Passport, I only have my CITY COUNTRY (e.g. Cochin IND) and in My Indian Passport I have CITY STATE (i.e., Cochin Kerala), Do I need to get an affidavit for the same?

Once again thank you to everyone on this forum! So far the journey has been smooth because all the valuable information on this forum!!

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello All,
Just did my surrender application last week and now I am starting to focus on the OCI process. I have a few basic questions, which I am sure have been asked a million times on this forum, but I just thought I would ask here to confirm the most up to date information.
Q1. For "Professional Details of the applicant", should I take my offer letter (it is atleast 3 year old) or should I get a new letter from my employer and take both? or do people just write a letter on their own?

On this link - https://www.hciottawa.gov.in/pdf/Step-wise-process-for-OCI-application-new.pdf , it says to enter Indian passport details
But on this link https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Form-Filling-Instructions.pdf it says to enter as per Candian passport

Q3. Fees.: For a walk in application, is it ok just to get a draft for $345 for Consulate General of India - Toronto and pay all the other fees(i.e. BLS related fees) pay via debit/cash ?

Q4. Place of Birth : In my Canadian Passport, I only have my CITY COUNTRY (e.g. Cochin IND) and in My Indian Passport I have CITY STATE (i.e., Cochin Kerala), Do I need to get an affidavit for the same?

Once again thank you to everyone on this forum! So far the journey has been smooth because all the valuable information on this forum!!
1. I am working for same organization for past 7 yrs, so BLS asked for latest letter. If you have latest letter, offer letter is not needed. Not sure 3 yr old offer letter will work or not. But if letter is easily available better to go for it.
2. OCI is against Canadian citizenship, so need Canadian passport details
3. Yes
4. Not needed as its same for everyone.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello All,

-Include the Employee Verification Letter (EVL). Salary is not important,
-Use the sample form as a reference https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf
-Yes
-That's fine, no need for affidavit

Reactions: yash91pathak

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
1. I am working for same organization for past 7 yrs, so BLS asked for latest letter. If you have latest letter, offer letter is not needed. Not sure 3 yr old offer letter will work or not. But if letter is easily available better to go for it.
3. Yes
Aaeelaaa 7 saal - that reminds me of Fevicol :p
Im Araldite ... 13 and counting...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: forw.jane

ashishry

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Can we keep National Identification Number blank. Please can anyone confirm who have done so and got everything approved.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Has anyone sent OCI application recently through postal option to BLS?
If yes, then how many days did it take in total or how many BLS took to show first status in its tracker from the date it was delivered to them?

yash91pathak

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
3. Yes
Thank you so much !!