+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi folks,

Applied to BLS Brampton by postal on Oct5th
Bls Acknowledgement : Oct13th(processing at Consulate)
OCI Acknowledgement : No record found still.

I have tickets to India with Travel date of Dec12th, do you guys think I should receive OCI by travel dates ?

Thanks.
I also agree with others. It’s kinda tight but there is a possibility you will get OCI before your travel.
Once you receive the acknowledgment it takes about 30 days to get process completed and receive the OCI.

NavpreetDroach

Oct 29, 2023
Hi all
Can anyone tell me how much time it will take more to have stamped passport for entry visa for Vancouver location. As on Indianvisaonline.com site shows processed and printed. But bls site shows processing at consulate general. Thank you

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I heard from someone, when you have your OCI approved, all others indian visas will be cancelled. Does anyone know if thats true?
I do not think they explicitly do anything, but possibly you are not expected to use it for travel. 4 years ago my spouse applied for an eVISA while holding a PIO card and it was granted, so I think there is no cross-check. We did that to be on the safe side as we got conflicting info about travelling on PIO card without exchanging it for an OCI card. We travelled using the eVISA though it turned out the PIO was still valid and was treated as OCI in the interim.

Reactions: Nidhaan

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
15 Days since the status "Processing at Consulate General" for new OCI at Brampton - No status record in the OCI website. Still hoping for the best.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Can someone please guide what to do for applicant signature for Infant on the entry visa application?
thumbprint (2 locations) -- it shown in the sample form at BLS site. Both parents will sign the consent form.

sainis8184

Nov 2, 2023
thumbprint (2 locations) -- it shown in the sample form at BLS site. Both parents will sign the consent form.
Thank you. It says no signature required for minor. I will to err on side of caution take two sets of applications, 1 with thumb prints and one without. The bigger worry is if they suggest changes and need the thumb prints. Do not wish to take a 3 month old with me.

Shall find out tomorrow. Apologies to others as i know this is a OCI forum.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Thank you. It says no signature required for minor. I will to err on side of caution take two sets of applications, 1 with thumb prints and one without. The bigger worry is if they suggest changes and need the thumb prints. Do not wish to take a 3 month old with me.

Shall find out tomorrow. Apologies to others as i know this is a OCI forum.
Where did you read no signature/thumbprint required? Did you check the sample? https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/VISA-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf
You can also ask in https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/entry-visa-india.825706 where people who applied recently hang around.

VikasS

Star Member
Jun 8, 2018
Hi all
Can anyone tell me how much time it will take more to have stamped passport for entry visa for Vancouver location. As on Indianvisaonline.com site shows processed and printed. But bls site shows processing at consulate general. Thank you
1-2 days(Tomorrow or day after) max.

sainis8184

Nov 2, 2023

Where did you read no signature/thumbprint required? Did you check the sample? https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/VISA-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf
You can also ask in https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/entry-visa-india.825706 where people who applied recently hang around.
Thank you. Just did. Also, it says we can pay by debit and do not need a DD. Can anyone confirm this please? Thank you all once again