Med's Request
10-12-2014
Med's Done....
15-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
21-11-2015
Lets keep in touch Hoping to get this processed soon, Travel planned end of Nov. Ottawa seems to be very slow compared to Toronto. Also need to decide if we should consider visitor visa.
To be on safer side you can apply for entry visa. My travel date is 20th dec so i am not applying for entry visa for kid, but will be applying for entry visa and OCI for myself and wife later this week as we can not get OCI by 20th dec.

Reactions: GagzV

pgajiwala

Oct 20, 2020
I really need some guidance on the possibility of applying without surrender certificate at BLS Brampton and what documents are required to be submitted in lieu of actual surrender certificate
OCI Application without surrender certificate is not possible they specifically said that they need the surrender certificate. They will reject your application if you do so.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I really need some guidance on the possibility of applying without surrender certificate at BLS Brampton and what documents are required to be submitted in lieu of actual surrender certificate
If at all you find anyone with experience on this, it would be either with a receipt or applying for both at the same time. In your case as surrender is pending, I would take a copy of the status showing the file reference number. Why not wait for SC to arrive?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
OCI Application without surrender certificate is not possible they specifically said that they need the surrender certificate. They will reject your application if you do so.
It seems the consulate has relaxed this requirement to allow people to apply for SC and visa at same time. As they used to allow for OCI a long time ago.
But, being a new development, there is little guidance on this.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
You could ask the consulate for guidance based on your circumstance.

saumit12

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Hello to all,

my application was sent back because of a mistake in the draft. They have mentioned "that you can re-submit along with a copy of this letter & above-mentioned document." I have now created a new application that has a different application-id should I still attach the letter from the previous application that came back? Do you think two different IDs can create a issue?

thanks
Sam

Neerja

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
What is the "Application date" on BLS site? If Toronto jurisdiction, you can expect Ack and "under process" status on OCI site about 3 weeks from "Application date" and OCI after about 4 weeks from Ack.
Originals are not required for postal applications, but as you have sent them, BLS will keep them for a while and send back in 2-3 weeks time.
Thanks for the reply. the dear. The application dates are 13th and 16th Oct. We sent the originals as they were required as per the checklist.