Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I applied for Oci for my 2 minor daughters.
Bls tracking is processing at consulate. No records on Oci website. Date of application on bls is Oct 11.
Does this mean application is accepted or they might ask for more info?
It means BLS has accepted your applications and passed them on to the Consulate. As BLS is the hardest to please kid, those are in good shape now. Wait for them to appear at OCI site to get an idea of when to expect OCI.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bee27289

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......

Terminator

Feb 1, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-10-2011
Doc's Request.
30-10-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2012
IELTS Request
08-05-2005
File Transfer...
08-01-2011
Med's Request
18-10-2003
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
12-03-2001
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2000
LANDED..........
06-04-2010
Hello Sir, not Canada, we the Indians are suffering from these issues. Our politician doesn't care about what people are going through. They always get all the luxury and comfort and we stand in queue. At the end of the day, students from India and people of Indian origin are in a bad situation. Our plan was spoiled and we are losing money due to their decisions. Hope you are in the same situation, so learn from your experience, otherwise you just like a blind follower.
I am deliberately choosing to not reply to your post... Its not a political forum

else I can too give a long lecture to others on how to do their own business like this Canadian PM (who anyway no one takes seriously) , but I am not a woke, who believes in any rhetoric.

anyway,, peace ..

One should not book the tickets till the time one's travel documents are completely in place. Or if one booked the tickets well in advance to save some dollars or while you still held Indian passport, I can understand the frustration, but betting on uncertainty is also not a wise decision.

Reactions: ghkn0002

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
OCI shipped today.
Applied 13 Sep.
Processed on 18 Sep
Vancouver

For Vancouver, it takes exactly 5 weeks to process + 2 days to courier.
nice.
ON and basically OTT are the worst. Not sure what is the difference b/w the locations for OCI but 1 location doing in 5 weeks and other doing in 10+ is out of this world.

I assume MEA/MHO are doing their job so either it's Consulate or BLS not doing their job.

Reactions: bulls23

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018

Alisha0910

Oct 18, 2023
Hi @eas2lv, please update Tor tracker for my OCI application.

submitted application on 22nd September through Walk - In at BLS Toronto.

Got Acknowledgment on 5th Oct.

hoping to get it before 1st Nov as we hav
I think it wouldn't as the "process" is just waiting out for security objections (or lack of it) and that's counted in Calendar days. But Consulate holidays could lead to a minor slow down, hopefully only by a couple of days.
I had done an analysis of what happened between October to November in 2022 and did not detect a noticeable change in timeline.
This doesn't account for increased volume of applications which is clearly affecting Ack. No idea how it will affect the rest of the process.

Reactions: eas2lv

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Oh wow.. thanks for this..
Just curious then why everybody is not sending courier for application instead of waiting for hours in the line to try in person or to get appointment..?
1)If there is an issue it's easy to rectify, back and forth for a postal application will cost $$

2) Postal application takes a bit more time. The uncertainty in the relation between the two countries makes people desperate to get things done ASAP.

3) Many people have existing plans and they cannot afford more delays.

Reactions: desmat and eas2lv

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi @eas2lv, please update Tor tracker for my OCI application.

submitted application on 22nd September through Walk - In at BLS Toronto.

Got Acknowledgment on 5th Oct.

hoping to get it before 1st Nov as we hav
Nov 1st is iffy. Current projection would be to have it processed on Oct 26th. From then, 3 working days for delivery is is the best I've seen in data we have. That makes it Oct 31. You may have to try to pickup the day it reaches BLS, assuming all else goes well. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alisha0910

wilts001

Jul 10, 2017
If you pay attention, you will see that OCI is processed/granted by Ministry of Home and not by MEA. However, the MEA and their 3rd party agents(BLS,etc)front ends in foreign soils. There is lack of clarity at every stage, our OCI got returned cause they mentioned I haven't had provided last page of the passport(Indian), when I went to BLS, they mentioned that they need the page before the last page!! MEA's new passport has family details on 2nd last page, older passport has the same on last page. Ministry of home is not in sync with MEA about new passports.
Hey @heynow Was your application returned by BLS or was it returned by MHA, Delhi after going into "Under-Process" status? Thanks