+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

nick_689

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Acknowledgement: just now!
I did a little dance -- Jacinda Ardern style.

Applied: Oct 4 (Toronto walk-in)
Acknowledgement on OCI site: Oct 20
Definitely slower than trends from two weeks ago, but things are moving along.

Applied on Oct 5 with Walkin. Fingers crossed we receive ack early next week .

Reactions: eas2lv

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Anyone who has applied for OCI in Brampton BLS, what were your timelines?
You keep asking the same thing and never respond to replies given to you. IIRC, yours is OCI renewal after crossing 20 and new passport. Going by one such case reported here, about 30 days from Ack to process. But that's just a best guess as there is little data. For some reason, fresh OCI process is slightly faster in Toronto jurisdiction.
As your flight is on Oct 22, I think you'll have to postpone it.

Reactions: ghkn0002

aaravchugh

Oct 16, 2023
You keep asking the same thing and never respond to replies given to you. IIRC, yours is OCI renewal after crossing 20 and new passport. Going by one such case reported here, about 30 days from Ack to process. But that's just a best guess as there is little data. For some reason, fresh OCI the process is slightly faster in Toronto jurisdiction.
As your flight is on Oct 22, I think you'll have to postpone it.
I am postponing it right now. Sorry I can't find the old threads. I get email notifications but can't reply to hem. thanks for the help.

mechingineer

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Did anyone who submitted an OCI application to BLS Brampton through a post on 27th September receive acknowledgement?

I am still waiting for an acknowledgement. Tracking on the BLS website says 'Processing at consulate general'. Tracking on ociservices.gov.in says 'No such record found'. Is anyone in the same situation?

Asking as my flight is on 28th October which I know I will have to postpone but I am unsure to which date I should postpone. I was thinking of November end but now even Nov end seems dicey.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Did anyone who submitted an OCI application to BLS Brampton through a post on 27th September receive acknowledgement?

I am still waiting for an acknowledgement. Tracking on the BLS website says 'Processing at consulate general'. Tracking on ociservices.gov.in says 'No such record found'. Is anyone in the same situation?

Asking as my flight is on 28th October which I know I will have to postpone but I am unsure to which date I should postpone. I was thinking of November end but now even Nov end seems dicey.
What is the application date shown on BLS site? Those who have Application date up to Oct 03 or so have got Ack for mailed-in applications. I would suggest to wait until you get Ack from OCI site (a few days more?) before deciding when to postpone to.

jay_99

Oct 16, 2023
Acknowledgement: just now!
I did a little dance -- Jacinda Ardern style.

Applied: Oct 4 (Toronto walk-in)
Acknowledgement on OCI site: Oct 20
Definitely slower than trends from two weeks ago, but things are moving along.

almost same with me as well. sent on sept 29 but application date on bls is oct 6. status is same as you