Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
@eas2lv is there any process time difference btw Brampton & Toronto submissions? Have you noticed or any member observed difference.
There may be differences in transit time from BLS to the consulate but I've not noticed any difference. All walk-in applications appear to reach the consulate the next working day. As for postal applications, all go to Brampton and they appear to be pretty slow in opening the packages, reviewing them and passing on to the consulate.

Also there is a lot of variability in the postal application data as not all applicants are reporting consistent dates for postal applications -- some post the mailed-in date, some BLS ack-date, some application date assigned by BLS. these sometimes differ by a week or more. I prefer to take the latter as the applied date for comparison with walk-in but do not have that data for all.

Smanampa

Oct 18, 2023
Hello everyone. I am a bit worried because as per the current trend I was supposed to receive my OCI, but have not received it yet. I Have my flights booked for Nov 24th and I am worried right now.

Postal Application from Windsor - BLS Brampton centre

Here is my timeline
OCI website Status
15-SEP-2023 : Date Of Acknowledgment
06-OCT-2023 : Documents Printing Status PROCESSED
06-OCT-2023 : Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI
06-OCT-2023 : Document received At TORONTO
--
BLS Website Status
05-SEP-2023 : Under Process
05-SEP-2023 : Processing at Consulate General
10-OCT-2023 : Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping
Yet to receive this update: Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping

Any one else in the same boat? Any insights into this? or is this normal? I reached out to the consulate through the sampark portal and they basically said Call BLS. BLS mentioning that once we receive from consulate we will dispatch. Is this normal for applications being processed at differet times. Based on the tracker for toronto that a user has posted everone who had their Doc received, date of Oct 5th got their OCI's delivered. This is what made me worry.

looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks,
Sankharan

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone. I am a bit worried because as per the current trend I was supposed to receive my OCI, but have not received it yet. I Have my flights booked for Nov 24th and I am worried right now.

Postal Application from Windsor - BLS Brampton centre

Here is my timeline
OCI website Status
15-SEP-2023 : Date Of Acknowledgment
06-OCT-2023 : Documents Printing Status PROCESSED
06-OCT-2023 : Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI
06-OCT-2023 : Document received At TORONTO
--
BLS Website Status
05-SEP-2023 : Under Process
05-SEP-2023 : Processing at Consulate General
10-OCT-2023 : Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping
Yet to receive this update: Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping

Any one else in the same boat? Any insights into this? or is this normal? I reached out to the consulate through the sampark portal and they basically said Call BLS. BLS mentioning that once we receive from consulate we will dispatch. Is this normal for applications being processed at differet times. Based on the tracker for toronto that a user has posted everone who had their Doc received, date of Oct 5th got their OCI's delivered. This is what made me worry.

looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks,
Sankharan
Have you tried tracking on puralator website?

harneetk

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Have appointment tomorrow morning for OCI in Brampton. Any last minute advice?

kdmvarun

Dec 29, 2014
Toronto Postal application:

Purolator pick up - Sep 27th
Purolator Delivery to Brampton BLS - Sep 28th
BLS acknowledgement - Oct 2nd
BLS tracker application date - Oct 5th
OCI services tracker acknowledgement - Oct 10th
Application Status - Under Process
I had included original documents with the postal application. Got a notification that the original documents are being returned via purolator. Hopefully, BLS will also send the OCI via purolator when ready (and not ask for additional fees )

nick_689

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Does the oci status website keep saying “no such record found “ until it shows the acknowledgement date ?

also what does acknowledgement mean ? Does it mean HCI Toronto has the application or does it mean it’s now in India?