+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

ps422

Oct 13, 2023
Its probably because it was actually applied on Sep 27th along with my application and I got acknowledgement on Oct 12th. But BLS returned minor application saying it requires father Surrender certificate even though it is not on the checklist. I am glad they made up for the delay as we have to travel in Nov.
Oh… I thought they contact you and allow you to provide missing documents. I didn’t realize that they return the application and you have to start the process all over again. I think I left out the marriage certificate from my children’s application. Should I just walk in to BLS Brampton and request to add to the file?

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
Oh… I thought they contact you and allow you to provide missing documents. I didn’t realize that they return the application and you have to start the process all over again. I think I left out the marriage certificate from my children’s application. Should I just walk in to BLS Brampton and request to add to the file?
It was returned on spot at counter. They checked the form along with rest of docs and asked me to come back with missing document so it can be accepted by them.

So I am assuming if BLS accepted it without marriage certificate then it should be okay.

Reactions: ps422

rverma1056

Feb 22, 2017
Finally, received Acknowledgment
Brampton Walkin

Update:
Application Submitted: 30 Sep 2023
Acknowledgment Received: 17 Oct 2023
OCI Processed:
OCI ready for Collection from BLS:

Travelling on 17th Nov, Let's hope for the best.

Reactions: bulls23 and eas2lv

RaghuRam123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
minor OCI Application Date: Sep 05, 2023 at Toronto
Ack Date : Sep 21, 2023
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 12-OCT-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHI On 12-OCT-2023
Document received At TORONTO On 12-OCT-2023

status on BLS: on 14 Oct 2023

Application Status
(Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping)
OCI received on Oct 17,2023

Reactions: eas2lv

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
What does it mean by (Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping) - Do we have to take our original Canadian Passport to BLS for stamping?
Passport means the OCI booklet. This status means they are going to courier your OCI.
No stamping, no canadian passport needed.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
What does it mean by (Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping) - Do we have to take our original Canadian Passport to BLS for stamping?
That is a left over from old times when a visa was stamped in the passport. The process a changed in many ways and some lines in the status both in govt and BLS sites have lost their literal meaning. In this case take it to mean the OCI document is with BLS and ready for dispatch.

Last edited:

varma97

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
what did you decide when you submitted the application? If you paid for courier then you get it else pick up(if its allowed)
I believe they didn’t ask me its by mail by default unless we specifically tell them we want to pick up.
Thanks for the response:)