Todays update :)

Reactions: yaml

Mich19

Jul 17, 2022
Hello Everyone.
OCI Submission Walkin @ Brampton Feb. 25,2023
DOA Mar. 15, 2023
Registration Status at Mission Toronto
Documents Printing Status Processed (Apr. 10, 2023)
Dispatched from MEA New Delhi (Apr. 10, 2023)
Document received at Toronto (Apr. 10, 2023)
Hello, did you receive it yet?

redindian22

Mar 22, 2010
Applicant Name
File Reference Number
Date Of Acknowledgment21-MAR-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn13-APR-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Hi, Congrats.
Could you please let us know the date you submitted your OCI application since my OCI submission date is Feb 28 and the Date Of Acknowledgment is 16th march and status still show under process.

svs03

Mar 5, 2019
Hi, Congrats.
Could you please let us know the date you submitted your OCI application since my OCI submission date is Feb 28 and the Date Of Acknowledgment is 16th march and status still show under process.
it's strange yours is still pending.
Mine also just got updated today.
submitted on march 8 at toronto office. acknowledgement on oci website march 22 and documents printing status processed on april 13.

Shobika16

Jun 8, 2022
Applicant Name
File Reference Number
Date Of Acknowledgment21-MAR-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn13-APR-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Where do you see this tracker?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks @yaml the OCI Miscellaneous Services section where we can update the nationality does not give an option to update the Dual Nationality.

Have you or any other been through this process of updating Dual Nationality (US and Canadian) onto OCI?
OCI is issued against a foreign passport to former Indian citizens or those who have roots with India.
You cannot tag multiple passports with OCI.
Logically when you travel you will travel/use only one passport at a time right ?

Last edited:

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Experience @Bls Toronto, single applicant for OCI: went in with an appointment and was out within the hour. Few things for future applicants: 1. if you say something specific on the form, get the proof. For e.g. if you have family members who are already OCI and you have mentioned that on the form, get copies of their OCI cards as proof. 2. they take the original surrender certificate and will return it by post later. 3. too many people wait outside the facility because they could not find an appointment. My two cents: if it is not urgent, wait until you can find an appointment. Its totally worth it.

BLS should arrange for a waiting area or perhaps the Consulate should look into this. It does not reflect well on the country if it makes its people wait outside and create a spectacle in the process. And I hope somebody someday has the good sense to audit the additional fees BLS charges applicants.

Reactions: Romi123

Rawee

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
NOC Code......
Hi,

Getting OCI approved seems like a feat in itself.

I have submitted my OCI application today after waiting in line for 5 hours at BLS Brampton.However just realized I didn’t provided professional details letter along with the other hard copies and the person at counter didn’t requested too, will this be an issue ?

Regards,
Rawee

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi,

Getting OCI approved seems like a feat in itself.

I have submitted my OCI application today after waiting in line for 5 hours at BLS Brampton.However just realized I didn’t provided professional details letter along with the other hard copies and the person at counter didn’t requested too, will this be an issue ?

Regards,
Rawee
No not an issue

Reactions: Rawee

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
OCI is issued against a foreign passport to former Indian citizens or those who have roots with India.
You cannot tag multiple passports with OCI.
Logically when you travel you will travel/use only one passport at a time right ?
Yes you are technically correct but just wanted to prepare my family when they visit India if in case they had a question as why Canadian PP info was not updated on OCI.

I reached out to CGI Toronto as well and they confirmed that I can continue OCI on a US Passport or I can also get a new OCI and update Dual Citizenship (US and Canada) on it.

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
Yes you are technically correct but just wanted to prepare my family when they visit India if in case they had a question as why Canadian PP info was not updated on OCI.

I reached out to CGI Toronto as well and they confirmed that I can continue OCI on a US Passport or I can also get a new OCI and update Dual Citizenship (US and Canada) on it.
why not just update OCI with new Canadian passport? Why do you need to tag OCI with US passport anymore since I assume you would be using Canadian passport whenever you visit India in future.
or am I missing something?