+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

yaml

Star Member
Aug 16, 2022
Thanks @yaml the OCI Miscellaneous Services section where we can update the nationality does not give an option to update the Dual Nationality.

Have you or any other been through this process of updating Dual Nationality (US and Canadian) onto OCI?
I didn't update Canadian passport details for my kid there, updated only renewed US passport details.
Not sure if you need to update both passport details as you can show just US passport and OCI to enter/exit India. I think if you want to tie OCI to Canadian passport OCI reissue may be needed.
I don't remember correctly but I think in the misc service there is an option to tick which other country you are citizen of and there you can select Canada.

Reactions: navid2014

Tricolor8583

Apr 12, 2023
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to apply for OCI for my mother, my understanding is that a surrender certificate is required before OCI application. The problem is that my mother does not have her last held passport. I'm in the Vancouver region and looking at the consulate website I see this form, but this doesn't seem to be a lost/missing passport declaration. Wondering if anyone else had this issue and knew what to do?

Another question I have is that since I don't have the last held passport, what other ways could I confirm the Indian origin? I do have an older passport, but would that be acceptable?

Thanks for any advice.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to apply for OCI for my mother, my understanding is that a surrender certificate is required before OCI application. The problem is that my mother does not have her last held passport. I'm in the Vancouver region and looking at the consulate website I see this form, but this doesn't seem to be a lost/missing passport declaration. Wondering if anyone else had this issue and knew what to do?

Another question I have is that since I don't have the last held passport, what other ways could I confirm the Indian origin? I do have an older passport, but would that be acceptable?

Thanks for any advice.
I think this might be the one, but please cross check with BLS: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/annexures/ANNEXURE-F.pdf
Also check with them if a police report is required
Yes, you have to provide copy of Nativity Certificate / Domicile certificate issued by competent authority in India as your proof of Indian Origin.

Lapta

Jul 3, 2015
Application Status Original documents Dispatched via courier
(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)

Should I pick up now or it supposed to say ready to pick up then i can go ?

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
hi.... in the new oci form, passport details section should be filled with details of canadian or indian passport? sample form says Indian PP details

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Reactions: Lapta