+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Torontosingh

Apr 28, 2021
Hello ,
My spouse submitted application for OCI on March 1, at Brampton, date of ackowledgment is March, 16 and we recieved our orignal surrender certificate via courier on March 19.
When i track application on oci website it says under process and on BLS website it say orignal documents returned via purolator , how long it will take to get OCI , its been 40 days since the application is submitted ? Can someone please confirm . Thanks

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello ,
My spouse submitted application for OCI on March 1, at Brampton, date of ackowledgment is March, 16 and we recieved our orignal surrender certificate via courier on March 19.
When i track application on oci website it says under process and on BLS website it say orignal documents returned via purolator , how long it will take to get OCI , its been 40 days since the application is submitted ? Can someone please confirm . Thanks
It takes 2 months (from the date of submission) for applications submitted in Brampton/Toronto

Reactions: Torontosingh

svs03

Mar 5, 2019
Hello ,
From what i have seen it generally takes about 3 weeks from the date of acknowledgement on oci portal. i think you will see some update on oci portal in a few days and you will receive the oci in mail within a week of the update.

Reactions: Torontosingh

gaurav_mca

Oct 1, 2018
Hello,

My status just got updated. Following is my timeline:-

OCI Submission Walkin @ Brampton Feb. 25,2023
DOA Mar. 15, 2023
Registration Status at Mission Toronto
Documents Printing Status Processed (Apr. 6, 2023)
Dispatched from MEA New Delhi (Apr. 6, 2023)
Document received at Toronto (Apr. 6, 2023)
Thanks for update .

gaurav_mca

Oct 1, 2018
Thanks for update .
Hello Everyone.
DOA Mar. 15, 2023
Documents Printing Status Processed (Apr. 10, 2023)
Dispatched from MEA New Delhi (Apr. 10, 2023)
Document received at Toronto (Apr. 10, 2023)

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
New OCI card will not be issued, in OCI Miscellaneous Services (https://ociservices.gov.in/capchaActionMisc) you can update new passport details, photo and signature
Thanks @yaml the OCI Miscellaneous Services section where we can update the nationality does not give an option to update the Dual Nationality.

Have you or any other been through this process of updating Dual Nationality (US and Canadian) onto OCI?

Lapta

Jul 3, 2015
Hello Everyone.

OCI Submission Walkin @ Brampton Feb. 28,2023

DOA Mar. 16, 2023

Documents Printing Status Processed (Apr. 11, 2023)

Dispatched from MEA New Delhi (Apr. 11, 2023)

Document received at Toronto (Apr. 11, 2023)

Reactions: nav.88

seamarine

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Thanks @yaml the OCI Miscellaneous Services section where we can update the nationality does not give an option to update the Dual Nationality.

Have you or any other been through this process of updating Dual Nationality (US and Canadian) onto OCI?
You would have seen an option only to update the new passport correct? In which case the previous US passport linked to the oci is not valid anymore..and when the us passport expires and you get a new one you will need to overwrite the Canadian passport on the oci website.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
You would have seen an option only to update the new passport correct? In which case the previous US passport linked to the oci is not valid anymore..and when the us passport expires and you get a new one you will need to overwrite the Canadian passport on the oci website.
Having a US passport with a approved OCI and then changing it to match the Canadian one ... Does it make sense ?

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
in the fresh OCI form, for applicants professional details,, what needs to be filled if i am not currently working? my last contract got over last year and i am in the middle of job search...thx

kohinoor13ster

Jul 10, 2018
Hello,

My status just got updated. Following is my timeline:-

DOA Mar. 15, 2023
Documents Printing Status Processed (Apr. 6, 2023)
Dispatched from MEA New Delhi (Apr. 6, 2023)
Document received at Toronto (Apr. 6, 2023)
Hello Everyone,

Just recevied my OCI through Purolator. The status on BLS tracking still says "Passport read for dispatch after OCI stamping".