OCI process

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did at Brampton on 18 Nov, 25 Nov, and 26 Nov and was not asked - 18 Nov for myself, 25 Nov for wife and 2 kids, and 26 Nov for the 3rd kid :)
Yes, seems BLS Brampton also started this loot recently. Another way to force their Purolator services.

• Sad
Reactions: Jakev

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don’t think so- I’m sitting here at 18 Nov submission and 8 December Date of Acknowledgment and my wife/kids are at 25 Nov with just the usual update that everything is under process. They’ve definitely slowed down.
Since your DOA is 8-Dec you can say say that only after 8-Jan. They have slowed down a bit, earlier status was getting updated after DOA in 3 weeks, now it's taking 4 weeks.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Yes, seems BLS Brampton also started this loot recently. Another way to force their Purolator services.
I pushed back on the courier charges for passport and OCI delivery which will be done separately.
BLS said they do not allow Indian passports to be picked up and only courier is a possibility but will allow OCI to be picked up if we do not want courier...
Ended up with a charge for a total of $30 for 4 Indian passports to be couriered

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I pushed back on the courier charges for passport and OCI delivery which will be done separately.
BLS said they do not allow Indian passports to be picked up and only courier is a possibility but will allow OCI to be picked up if we do not want courier...
Ended up with a charge for a total of $30 for 4 Indian passports to be couriered
Even for OCI collection it's very difficult. A person needs to collect himself (earlier it was possible to give authorization letter to close relative). It's possible only on weekdays (not on Saturday) & only between 3 to 4:30 PM. & appointments are not available.

theguyraghav

Jul 19, 2017
guys, how do you self attest the documents (when sending the postal application)? do you just put a signature and the date? or do you have to write anything else?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Even for OCI collection it's very difficult. A person needs to collect himself (earlier it was possible to give authorization letter to close relative). It's possible only on weekdays (not on Saturday) & only between 3 to 4:30 PM. & appointments are not available.
Yeah I know they have only created hardships for people...
on Dec 22, my wife and I went and stood in the line from 1:45pm onwards to be early in the queue for Surrender Certificate collection.
Glad we did the pick collection option, because we noticed at the center that my daughter's surrendered Indian passport was not stamped with "Cancelled on account of holder voluntary acquiring Canadian citizenship".
We highlighted this BLS and they said it will not create an issue for OCI application because a Surrender Certificate will be required to be attached with the OCI application.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Seems like the OCI folks read our venting posts here lol.

Date of submission - 18 Nov
Date of acknowledgement- 8 Dec
Date processed - 29 Dec

Now waiting for wife and kids’ OCI progress to be accelerated.

Next year, by God’s grace, we embark on our next adventure in life (by March)- L1A status in the US as Canadian citizens, which has no dearth of thrill seekers in its entirety.

Bonne chance, everyone !

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Seems like the OCI folks read our venting posts here lol.

Date of submission - 18 Nov
Date of acknowledgement- 8 Dec
Date processed - 29 Dec

Now waiting for wife and kids’ OCI progress to be accelerated.

Next year, by God’s grace, we embark on our next adventure in life (by March)- L1A status in the US as Canadian citizens, which has no dearth of thrill seekers in its entirety.

Bonne chance, everyone !
Merci Beaucoup!!!

Reactions: Jakev

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
A QQ----when do the status update happen on the OCI services website---morning, afternoon, evening or midnight ET.......

Just wanted to check so that I can reduce the number of tiems i check the website :D

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
A QQ----when do the status update happen on the OCI services website---morning, afternoon, evening or midnight ET.......

Just wanted to check so that I can reduce the number of tiems i check the website :D
Spoke too soon.....checked the status update on the OCI website just now and I see the date of acknowledgement as 30th DEC 2022 (so it is porbably afternoon to evening ET / midnight IST)