+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

RaghuRam123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Are you not eligible for entry visa?

Instead of explaining visa timeline, I suggest you to book fully refundable Air Canada ticket for US.
Hi

to book fully refund Air Canada ticket booking

1. on website or call center
2. Can I book ticket after citizenship certificate arrived with in 2-3 days as travel date?

Thanks

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
my dates of OCI process are identical to your OCI dates. fingers crossed...
Oh right, we're exactly the same date. I was hoping ours would show processed today! Well, its already night in India, so next hope is for tomorrow I guess!

Reactions: nitroglit

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Need Help regarding OCI

1.) I am currently completing OCI application form, in Part B , question 1 is " have you or any of your family member applied OCI registration earlier? if Yes provide details- My sibling lives in Australia, and is Australian Citizen and already have OCI, do I require to input there OCI application information for this question or just answer as No?

2) Present Nationality details- My Name - Canada- Acquisition method- what should I select here from the options? some options confuses me, I got citizenship certificate, parent are non citizens , other , naturalization, registration are left in the options- which one to pick?

3) when i submitted my surrender application at BLS, i was told by clerk at desk that when I complete OCI application, they asked me to select SELF option for applying OCI

and the second thing they mentioned was to upload COPR scan in Visa section- now on completing my OCI application in Upload documents section I see "Indian Visa" tab- is this where I need to upload scan on COPR? I don't have Indian Visa, just Canadian Passport. - have anyone uploaded COPR/ in Indian Visa section?

Please advise, Thank you in advance

Last edited:

Gracious Chap

Jul 11, 2022
My current Canadian passport set to expire in couple of years. Does anyone know if I will have update info on OCI once new passport received? BLS and OCI website confusing me. I'm not near age of 21 or 50. lol I'm in middle.

Last edited:
Reactions: sundeep_s_

Ma-cha

Mar 22, 2022
Hi all ! Does anyone know how early to go and wait at bls Toronto for walk in application.? I need to surrender pp and get visa in time for travel. Planning to go tomorrow. Highly appreciate your suggestions.

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
@sundeep_s_ Your estimation is right. You may need to check yours now, I just noticed that my status changed to Processed and OCI number assigned. :)
Oh wow you're right!
Processed on 28-Jul-2022.
So we will have the OCI in hands by Tue-Wed!