+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

RaghuRam123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
even if Oath is scheduled in Mid August , you will get citizenship certificate by post within 2 weeks, so it will be end of August before you could apply for passport. If you don't mind camping at passport office overnight and could spare 8 hrs , you will be able to submit urgent passport application and will manage to get passport within 2-5 days, after that you have to submit Indian passport and get surrender certificate (~ 5-10 days) and then visitor visa is the only option and will be too close to cut still manageable. if oath's not schedule before mid August, you will have to postpone the oath , there's no way you will be able to fly out by september last week
got oath invitation for Aug 2, 2022
travel date Sept 29, 2022
confused to attend or to postpone oath?

Please help with below timelines are correct for recent applicants
citizenship certificate to arrive - 7 days
need to apply for canada passport - 5 days
surrender of passport - 8 weeks as per BLS-Toronto website
india entry visa - 7 days

Thanks

Last edited:

RaghuRam123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Hi

I had sent my documents via outplay or on July 8, 2022 and the process is completed and the certificate is dispatched. Expected delivery date is July 25, 2022
via outplay means courier?
please provide
1.your timelines
2. which BLS office
3. applied walk-in or appointment or courier

Thanks

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
For people who recently became Canadian citizens and are traveling to India, did you manage to convince passport Canada to issue passport urgently based on the visa timelines (BLS shows tourist visa processing times are 30 days), i cannot and do not want to wait for 20 days and under as that will put me under lot of stress. If yes is lining up at Passport Canada the only option?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For people who recently became Canadian citizens and are traveling to India, did you manage to convince passport Canada to issue passport urgently based on the visa timelines (BLS shows tourist visa processing times are 30 days), i cannot and do not want to wait for 20 days and under as that will put me under lot of stress. If yes is lining up at Passport Canada the only option?
Are you not eligible for entry visa?

Instead of explaining visa timeline, I suggest you to book fully refundable Air Canada ticket for US.

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Are you not eligible for entry visa?

Instead of explaining visa timeline, I suggest you to book fully refundable Air Canada ticket for US.
So after booking ticket do you just line up at the Passport office or you still wait for them to transfer the file to local office?

Also, thanks for pointing out the "Entry Visa" , seems like I completely missed out on this, feeling better since it shows it takes 3-5 days to process visa :)

The only problem with that is airlines are giving out ticket credits and are not returning the money, at this point I don't want to lock my money for 4 refundable tickets which would be substantial money

Last edited:

koolbuddy

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
is there a way, if we can collect the OCI booklet in person, once the status shows document received at OTTAWA? Have any one tried it?
Thanks.

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
got oath invitation for Aug 2, 2022
travel date Sept 29, 2022
confused to attend or to postpone oath?

Please help with below timelines are correct for recent applicants
citizenship certificate to arrive - 7 days
need to apply for canada passport - 5 days
surrender of passport - 8 weeks as per BLS-Toronto website
india entry visa - 7 days

Thanks
if you get certificate on time less then 10 days no need to postponed
your Indian travel tkt is not working because they always provide passport 1 or 2 day before BUY another REFUNDABLE USA DIST NATION TKT APPLY Canadian passport you have choice apply Indian surrender certificate and e visa same time

Reactions: RaghuRam123

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So after booking ticket do you just line up at the Passport office or you still wait for them to transfer the file to local office?

Also, thanks for pointing out the "Entry Visa" , seems like I completely missed out on this, feeling better since it shows it takes 3-5 days to process visa :)

The only problem with that is airlines are giving out ticket credits and are not returning the money, at this point I don't want to lock my money for 4 refundable tickets which would be substantial money
Not sure about transfer process, if you already submitted the application.

We got refund to CC account from Air Canada on the day we cancelled the ticket.

Danielbbb

Jul 2, 2021
Would anyone how long it would approximately take for the OCI card to be delivered via Purolator? My status on the OCI portal shows as processed and received in TO as of 26th July but the BLS portal still shows as "UNDER PROCESS"