+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Bob_pat

Jul 30, 2023
Hello
I have applied for OCI through BLS Brampton and on OCI website my acknowledge date is 27 July… anyone recently got OCI processed? I would like to know timeline
Thank you

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Should have I provided a name change affidavit in my case? My surrendered Indian passport has my current name. I understood that if there was a difference between Indian and Canadian passports, an affidavit would be required.
That's my understanding, if there is any difference in name etc and affidavit was required.

Ref this: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Form-Filling-Instructions.pdf
For any DIFFERENCE IN NAME in Indian passport and Canadian passport then provide notarized affidavit For Detailed Information, follow Checklist and Information Booklet on BLS Website. 2 | P a g e for name change. Also mention previous name as per Indian passport on the application form.

Same is mentioned on this on page 2: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
That's my understanding, if there is any difference in name etc and affidavit was required.

Ref this: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Form-Filling-Instructions.pdf
For any DIFFERENCE IN NAME in Indian passport and Canadian passport then provide notarized affidavit For Detailed Information, follow Checklist and Information Booklet on BLS Website. 2 | P a g e for name change. Also mention previous name as per Indian passport on the application form.

Same is mentioned on this on page 2: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf
Thanks for the references.
So should I have not mentioned the previous name, since there was no difference? Perhaps it will give the new delhi babus a brainfreeze/severe epileptic fit.

Sgarg

Oct 21, 2019
Hi, My OCI has been printed and dispatched to Toronto yesterday. I wasn't expecting it to be done this soon and I am not in the country for another 10 days. I applied through BLS postal services. When can I expect BLS to courier it to me ? If I am not home, what are my options to collect it

kbi911

Feb 25, 2019
Hi, My OCI has been printed and dispatched to Toronto yesterday. I wasn't expecting it to be done this soon and I am not in the country for another 10 days. I applied through BLS postal services. When can I expect BLS to courier it to me ? If I am not home, what are my options to collect it
I had similar situation not for OCI but for passport surrender certificate - so i called them, not help provided. then I just waited what happens, so Purolator made attempt to deliver where we were not there (i signed up for all update using tracking number at Purolator site) and the message i received after failed attempt to deliver is, - collect for X location with in 5 business day with your ID and else it will be returned back. in my case i was able to come on 4th business days, went to their location and collected it. so in your case if you have such option (i.e. with in 5 business days of delivery attempt you can be worry free and collect, if more, contact BLS after return happen). - this may or may not be useful but just sharing.

Reactions: Sgarg

Bob_pat

Jul 30, 2023
My acknowledgement date is 26th July .
Today(16th Aug) status updated to Processed on OCI website .
My acknowledgement date is 27 July … I just checked mine and it is showing me under process… may I know when did you check … I think they change status towards the end of the day??

rizwan23arif

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
My acknowledgement date is 27 July … I just checked mine and it is showing me under process… may I know when did you check … I think they change status towards the end of the day??
Sorry, no idea. I don't check every day. Whichever day I check, I only check once.

bulls23

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
hi all,
Did anyone select "No relatives in India" when filling out their OCI application? If yes, did you have to attach a "self declaration letter" to document that you have no relatives in India?
My parents are no more and my only sibling lives outside of India. Inlaws live in India but in a diff state. I was told that I need to document only immediate family in the form and that a police verification will be done against my address. Any recommendations

singh_maninder

Jan 5, 2016
I checked in the evening around 9PM and the status was updated to Processed.