+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

manu.yoganand

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Thappad se darr nahi lagta hai sahab....BLS waalon se darr lagta hai....... :p

Bhai BLS waalon ka bharosa nahi hai....they will say...when its written....to put thumb print...then why sign......and 10 years from now.....OCI will have to be re-issued anyway for child......
Hahaha don’t worry… I made my 4 year old write his name by himself.. received the OCI today… My boy was soooo happy to see his signature on the OCI :)

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hi, so we do not have to submit original BC for UAE embassy attestation and it is only on photo copy they attest?
I was talkin about the self attestation required by CGI. All documents that need to be submitted have to be self attested by the applicant. So submit the unattested copy that you have the original for and y[u should be fine. Y[u don't have to get it attested by the UAE consulate.

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Thumb print... but get the kid to sign, 10 years from now your kid will love that...
There was something that said that if child signs the form the passport also need to be signed by child
It used to be the COPR, but that has changed recently. Nothing to upload here as far as I know..

I posted about this here back in April.
BLS staff asked to upload COPR. For child application COPR of child and both parents

manu.yoganand

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
There was something that said that if child signs the form the passport also need to be signed by child

BLS staff asked to upload COPR. For child application COPR of child and both parents
That does not sound correct.. signature on Canadian passport for minors is not mandatory.. it can be left blank..

Reactions: dushyant2809

dushyant2809

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent
Hahaha don’t worry… I made my 4 year old write his name by himself.. received the OCI today… My boy was soooo happy to see his signature on the OCI :)
Congratulations. Will surely now give a try for my kid's.

Appreciate your suggestions.

Reactions: manu.yoganand

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
That does not sound correct.. signature on Canadian passport for minors is not mandatory.. it can be left blank..
found out where i got confused. it was in the entry visa form
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/BLS-CAN05Toronto-EntryVisa-Checklist.pdf
many others have reported in this thread that signature also works for OCI.The documentation for these things are not following uniform standards.

- For minors who cannot sign: impression of left thumb for males and right for females (blue or black ink only) - In case of signature (not thumb impression) of the minor applicant, the signature should match supporting passport copy

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
QQ: Filled form, submitted, got a file number, and then realized there is a mistake.
Shall I simply fill another form (application) ?

manu.yoganand

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
found out where i got confused. it was in the entry visa form
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/BLS-CAN05Toronto-EntryVisa-Checklist.pdf
many others have reported in this thread that signature also works for OCI.The documentation for these things are not following uniform standards.

- For minors who cannot sign: impression of left thumb for males and right for females (blue or black ink only) - In case of signature (not thumb impression) of the minor applicant, the signature should match supporting passport copy
Man!!! BLS is soooo inconsistent!!!
So when I was applying for my OCI, I had a doubt with documentation (before checking with folks on the forum) and I called up to ask. The doubt crossed my mind because BLS checklist for Toronto and BLS checklist for Vancouver had different requirements.

When I asked the lady about the discrepancy, she took a sec and put it back on me and asked where do I live.. and I need to follow the checklist of that region.. I countered with a simple question;

Have you heard of ICICI bank in Mumbai and ICICI bank in Pune having different documentation rules for account opening?? I can understand ICICI Bank India and Canada having different rules..
So similarly, how is it that CGI offices in Canada have different rules for different cities?? I can understand CGI having different rules for Canada and another country!! Is it BLS that is making these nonsensical requirements and making our life hell???

Trust me, this came from out of syllabus for her... They usually have a list of responses as a part of objections handling.. this was not part of it... she had no response!! I hung up.. :)

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
QQ -

1. Do you upload Indian Passport copy with renunciation stamp or without (basically, identical to the one you submitted with renunciation form) ?
2. Do you 'self attest' copies? Checklist does not say 'self attest' anywhere. Thanks!

Last edited:

manu.yoganand

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
QQ -

1. Do you upload Indian Passport copy with renunciation stamp or without (basically, identical to the one you submitted with renunciation form) ?
2. Do you 'self attest' copies? Checklist does not say 'self attest' anywhere. Thanks!
1. Yes, copy of Indian passport with the surrender stamp. Same thing in physical format with the form,

2. All physical copies needs to be self-attested.. online uploads need not be.. it is written somewhere.. dont rem where

Reactions: i6evx5e8

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
QQ -

Is it for OCI? I didn't self attest anything but mine was accepted. They did take the originals for me though but returned them in 2 days. I was BLS walk in and originals were CA passport, IN passport, Citizenship certificate, Surrendet certificate. That's all the originals they need.

Reactions: i6evx5e8

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
My experience - I called BLS when my status was Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping, but the call center guy said that they did not have my OCI and said that it was still at the Consulate. I thanked him politely and hung up knowing it wouldn't help to argue or enquire further. The status changed the next day and my OCIs were delivered as well.

I think once it's at BLS, you should be good to go pick it up.
I visited the BLS center yesterday. It was a short queue, so took a shot. They said it has not yet arrived at BLS and should be still at the Mission, or in transit. Asked me to wait for a 'Ready for pickup' type status change.

Well, next week it is!