+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

saturnfan

May 3, 2014
Passport Surrender
Walk-in and requested pick-up option (no delivery)
Aug 27: Submitted at BLS Calgary
Sept 2: Surrender certificate has been issued
Sept 8: Picked up from BLS Calgary

OCI
Walk-in & requested pick-up option (no delivery)
Aug 27: Submitted at BLS Calgary
sept 21: OCI Number generated; Documents Printing status changed to Processed, Dispatched from MEA (OCI)
Sept 23: Document received at Vancouver
Sept 27: Passport Ready for Collection after Oci stamping and picked up on same day.
Thanks for all the help. All the best everyone.

deepika3891

Sep 20, 2021
Hi, I submitted application for my minor kid oci on august 25 at Toronto bls walk-in and received acknowledgment on sept 8. And it’s under process since then. I have to travel to India on oct 15 and feeling tensed as to when would we get the oci card.
1. Anyone with similar timelines?
2. Is there any way I can contact bls and they might be of any help

Mamin

Dec 4, 2018
An acknowledgement document which points out that the draft has been submitted along with the draft amount and also BLS check marks the Landing paper item in list of original documents submitted in the same acknowledgement document.
Oh.
I got it.
Thank you for your prompt clarification.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi, I submitted application for my minor kid oci on august 25 at Toronto bls walk-in and received acknowledgment on sept 8. And it’s under process since then. I have to travel to India on oct 15 and feeling tensed as to when would we get the oci card.
1. Anyone with similar timelines?
2. Is there any way I can contact bls and they might be of any help
Since its been 3 weeks since acknowledgement on OCI website, it is likely you'll see an update either today or tomorrow. You might get your OCI card delivered next week.

Contact information is here => https://www.blsindia-canada.com/contactus.php

mk22072021

Sep 29, 2021
Hi

I have recently applied for my OCI Miscellaneous application to renew my passport particulars which needs to be done after 20 years. Below is my current timeline:

OCI postal application:
BLS Processing at consulate general - Aug 23rd
ociservices.gov.in enquiry status Under Process - Sept 2nd

My application is still under process as of today, Any idea on how long miscellaneous applications take to process? Can I apply for Indian visa if I have to travel now while my OCI is still under process?

Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I have a new update today on the Consulate general website for my surrender application. The status reads "Surrender certificate has been printed." However, the status on BLS site still says "Processing at Consulate General".

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
I have a new update today on the Consulate general website for my surrender application. The status reads "Surrender certificate has been printed." However, the status on BLS site still says "Processing at Consulate General".
Congrats on the update.

Upon seeing this, I checked the consular website and noticed I have the same update.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

harmol

Jul 25, 2017
I just did my OCI application at BLS Toronto. Here the process:

Step 1:
Fill in the OCI application here: https://ociservices.gov.in/
Fill both part A and B. You will need 51mm*51mm size digital photograph with a light colored background and digital signatures.
Note - Fill the application in BLOCK letters

* For photograph , you will also need 1 hard copy of the same photograph to be submitted with the application.
After submitting the application form, print it.

Step 2:
Download the checklist from here: https://blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/Toronto-OCI-Checklist-Rev-11-9-March-31-21.pdf

Step 3:
Collect the copy of below documents:
1. Canadian Passport (first page)
2. Last held Indian Passport (first and last page)
3. Surrender certificate (If you have already surrendered the Indian passport. If you are doing it now together, don't worry about it)
4. Canadian citizenship certificate
5. COPR/ Landing paper
6. Address proof - Driver's license
7. Marriage certificate
8. Spouse Canadian passport (if he is Canadian)
9. Spouse Indian passport (first and last page)
10. Spouse Landing paper/ COPR
11. Spouse surrender certificate

Note - MAKE SURE TO CARRY ORIGINALS OF ALL THESE DOCUMENTS ALONG WITH YOU WHEN YOU GO TO THE BLS CENTER
Self attest all photocopies by writing "This is the true copy of the original" and Sign it along with the date.

Step 4:
Get a Demand draft from the bank for $345 dollars payable to "The Consulate General of India". The rest of fees can be paid using debit card.

Collect the Application form + original documents + self attested photocopies + one physical photograph + demand draft + debit card and visit BLS.
Hello Everyone,

I got my Indian passport back from the BLS yesterday. Hers is my timeline.

Sept 3 - Submitted the application in person at BLS Toronto
Sept 11 - Processing at Consulate General
Sept 17- Dispatched via courier Purolator
Sep 28- Passport received along with Surrender letter

andyincanada

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2016
Nomination.....
27-10-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2016
Med's Done....
20-10-2016
Passport Req..
12 Apr 2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-Apr-2017
Greetings. Where do you paste the picture on the OCI application? Over the existing one on the downloaded form?