+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

mansi20

Jan 28, 2024
My application acknowledgment date was Feb 16,2024 and still shows under process in oci website.When will it change to processed in oci website.My application date was Jan 30,2024.

toothless_ak

Mar 4, 2024
Can my baby and wife travel to India from Canada on an eVisa for an emergency while the OCI is in process and stay for more than 6 months as we anticipate to receive the OCI sometime end of this month? Once I collect the OCI here in Canada, I can take it to India later on in the year, and exit after 6 months?

Also - Does the baby have to do a exit from INDIA after 6 months if we go on a eVisa but collected OCI after? If so, should the entry and exit be from Canada?

Sharkando

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Can my baby and wife travel to India from Canada on an eVisa for an emergency while the OCI is in process and stay for more than 6 months as we anticipate to receive the OCI sometime end of this month? Once I collect the OCI here in Canada, I can take it to India later on in the year, and exit after 6 months?

Also - Does the baby have to do a exit from INDIA after 6 months if we go on a eVisa but collected OCI after? If so, should the entry and exit be from Canada?
I am looking for same info. People here have said - Contact FRRO office once in India when you get your OCI. They can help.

Rehanmudassir

Jan 31, 2024
Hello All my OCI status in BLS site is “passport ready for collection after OCI stamping” I opted to collect OCI from there office.

what does this status mean ?Can I visit and collect from the location?

Ananyamukh

May 30, 2019
Question - Do they check under which category the appointment is? They used to not do that 3-4 months back, but I want to make sure. I booked an appointment with Toronto BLS under visa but want to surrender the passport.

Last edited:

toothless_ak

Mar 4, 2024

Also, Does the eVisa get Cancelled once OCI is issued?

Kindly help on this matter please, URGENT!

Last edited:

Ananyamukh

May 30, 2019
Also, Does the eVisa get Cancelled once OCI is issued?

Kindly help on this matter please, URGENT!

Like Sharkando said, you must contact FRRO while in India to report change in status from eVisa to OCI. They will process it and it should be fine.
The visa does not get canceled, it gets overridden, although it is still valid. The issue is it is illegal to stay more than 6 months in any visa, so validity of the visa is not issue.

hsingh90

Jan 30, 2024
I sent in my postal OCI application to Surrey BLS from Calgary but no tracking update yet.

Feb 28 - Dropped off at purolator
Feb 29 - Delivered to BLS

I have been trying to track the application on BLS website but till date it shows No records found even after 6 days of getting it delivered to them.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I sent in my postal OCI application to Surrey BLS from Calgary but no tracking update yet.

Feb 28 - Dropped off at purolator
Feb 29 - Delivered to BLS

I have been trying to track the application on BLS website but till date it shows No records found even after 6 days of getting it delivered to them.
On which address did your application got delivered?