+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI Process Query

IT applicant

May 22, 2009
Hello,

I am in the process of applying OCI for self and family.

Looking for some pointers for people who would applied this in Calgary/Vancouver as the process around sbmission of documents seems different than in other provinces. (you can't submit originals in BLS Vancouver/Calgary)

It seems that we need to submit notarised copies of the number of documents and based on the number of docs reqd. to support each application, it can almost cost a fortune to get them notarised.

Can someone help and provide some sugestions around this?

Thanks,

mehtapr

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
IT applicant said:
Hello,

I am in the process of applying OCI for self and family.

Looking for some pointers for people who would applied this in Calgary/Vancouver as the process around sbmission of documents seems different than in other provinces. (you can't submit originals in BLS Vancouver/Calgary)

It seems that we need to submit notarised copies of the number of documents and based on the number of docs reqd. to support each application, it can almost cost a fortune to get them notarised.

Can someone help and provide some sugestions around this?

Thanks,
Its simply ridiculous. I didnt believe it and checked BLS and yes it is a requirement. In ontario all we had to do was self attest. No experience with Vancouver, but only thing I could say is try public libraries, they sometimes have a notary visiting ocassionally and providing free services. but make sure it is "notary public" as there are other levels of officers that can attest but may not get accepted if not "notary public". If you dont find anything free avoid the big companies, some small especially desi notaries could do this for much less (in toronto area you can find $20 per doc), still will cost a lot i understand. Call the CIC call center and see if they can provide suggestions, they must understand this is not india where you can get things notarized for cheap.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mehtapr said:
Its simply ridiculous. I didnt believe it and checked BLS and yes it is a requirement. In ontario all we had to do was self attest. No experience with Vancouver, but only thing I could say is try public libraries, they sometimes have a notary visiting ocassionally and providing free services. but make sure it is "notary public" as there are other levels of officers that can attest but may not get accepted if not "notary public". If you dont find anything free avoid the big companies, some small especially desi notaries could do this for much less (in toronto area you can find $20 per doc), still will cost a lot i understand. Call the CIC call center and see if they can provide suggestions, they must understand this is not india where you can get things notarized for cheap.
You can also try settlement services for attestation. They may have notary public. You will have to get an appointment and visit them at their convenience.