+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI holder getting married in India

brankd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
I am a Canadian citizen with OCI. I am planning to get married in India next month.
I have heard that for OCI holder to get married in India and get registered marriage certificate there is some kind of 30 days of waiting period.
I will be in India for 10 days only.
Can someone help me to understand the process ?
Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
I am a Canadian citizen with OCI. I am planning to get married in India next month.
I have heard that for OCI holder to get married in India and get registered marriage certificate there is some kind of 30 days of waiting period.
Thanks a lot.
I was in the same situation as you are in. The Marriage Certificate takes around anywhere between 15-25 days. I got mine on the 21st day after the application.

Reactions: brankd

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Thanks a lot.
I was in same situation and was only there for 15 days. I don't encourage this but there are "agents" near abouts the registrar's office that can get you the certificate in a day or two.

Reactions: brankd