+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI - advice

shankariyer

Star Member
May 23, 2011
Request advice from those who applied and got OCI (overseas citizen of India). I live in Brampton. Can anybody advise the steps involved (step-by-step) from the date I get the Canadian Passport through to obtaining OCI. I went through BSL link and it is confusing. So it would be nice if I get step-by-step advise from those who did recently.

Secondly, I note above 20 and 50 need to renew the OCI card. How much it is going to cost for renewal if I do now.

Regards
Shankar

mehtapr

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Shankar, there is a thread called "OCI process" (should be close to the top right now). refer to that as it has all details on process and steps.

Regarding renewal, what they are saying is u need to get sticker and booklet Re-issued when you cross 50 (or 20) whatever the case may be. If someone is very close to one of these ages and want to wait till u reach it, could save few bucks (not much i think). ASSUMING this falls under "Miscellaneous/ Re-issue " category price is very low like $28 plus courtier.

But the first OCI card, regardless of age will be charged the full amount (close to $300 plus courier). I highly doubt they expect you to pay 300 again upon crossing age 50, likely it would be the miscellaneous fee but i am not sure.