+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

obtaining police reports - need written request first?

Vaughn

Star Member
Feb 15, 2010
From my understanding we cannot even begin to request police reports for the principal applicant on a PR application until an official request letter is given to us. In our case my wife has lived in various Asian countries over the years and she is currently residing in Singapore so this would mean after i am approved as a sponsor the Singapore office would receive the file, they would then issue her this official letter (or letters) in which she could use to send along with her requests to all the countries where she has lived in?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Vaughn said:
From my understanding we cannot even begin to request police reports for the principal applicant on a PR application until an official request letter is given to us. In our case my wife has lived in various Asian countries over the years and she is currently residing in Singapore so this would mean after i am approved as a sponsor the Singapore office would receive the file, they would then issue her this official letter (or letters) in which she could use to send along with her requests to all the countries where she has lived in?
1. Semi Correct. You need the letter from CHC for Hong Kong and Singapore at least. Check the list and get the ones that don't require a letter from CHC before submitting the application. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/index.asp

CA_SG11

Sep 13, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 4 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2014
File Transfer...
July 2015
Once your file turns to in-process, CIC Singapore will send to you a letter and instruction on how to obtain a COC from SG. You need to bring this letter to Singapore Police Force. SPF will mail the COC direct to CIC after 2 weeks. Be sure to get the tracking number.