+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline - test at Ottawa office

PoRco

Jun 24, 2014
Hey guys!

I just got my letter for the Oath this morning!!

I took my test on July 22nd I believe!

Hope this helps people!

Ooh and I applied all the way back in 2012 , I believe it was around November! SO FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY

Aug 22, 2014
PoRco said:
Hey guys!

I just got my letter for the Oath this morning!!

I took my test on July 22nd I believe!

Hope this helps people!

Ooh and I applied all the way back in 2012 , I believe it was around November! SO FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY
Congratulations on this important progress!

Did you take your test in Ottawa?

When is your ceremony?
All the best!

patientguy

Aug 22, 2014
Taking oath, wife with RQ, test late April 2014

Hi all,

My citizenship application process seems to be at its end; my wife and I got requests today in mail to appear for oath in the second half of Sept. My wife had been RQed last summer, but not me.

Here is my timeline:

1- We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July ? , 2012.

2- We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July ?, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3- We started processing your application on February ?, 2013.

4- We sent you a notice ... to appear and write the citizenship test on April ?, 2014 at ?. ...

No further on-line update, but I got the request in mail today. The mail is dated the same week as today's.

Cheers,
Let's contribute to Canada even more after becoming Canadian.

Aug 22, 2014
Re: Taking oath, wife with RQ, test late April 2014

patientguy said:
Hi all,

My citizenship application process seems to be at its end; my wife and I got requests today in mail to appear for oath in the second half of Sept. My wife had been RQed last summer, but not me.

Here is my timeline:

1- We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July ? , 2012.

2- We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July ?, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3- We started processing your application on February ?, 2013.

4- We sent you a notice ... to appear and write the citizenship test on April ?, 2014 at ?. ...

No further on-line update, but I got the request in mail today. The mail is dated the same week as today's.

Cheers,
Let's contribute to Canada even more after becoming Canadian.
When exactly in September?

pecON

Aug 22, 2014
Prince Erdward County, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There doesn't seem to be any logic in the processing order. It is to be hoped that there wasn't an issue with your application that requires a RQ to be completed. As it's been 2 months since your test I would certainly give them a call and ask if there is any information that they can give you. Good luck and please keep us posted.

cic8888

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
hi GatineauOttawa,
call CIC and see if your test results are updated. also ask them if your file is approved or asking for more documents etc.
I called 2 days after my test, they said my results are updated and my file approved.

you may have to call 2 to 3 times, because sometimes agents say, you need to wait 2 years.

good luck

Aug 22, 2014
Thank you all for your comments!

I actually called and was told that my test sore (20/20) is updated and the application is approved. I am just lining up for the oath ceremony in Ottawa. My guess is that they try to invite 2012 and early 2013 apllicants prior to others. I apllied back in September 2013. Some in Toronto say they applied in January 2014 and they took the oath last week! Good for them -- congrats! I guess let's wait and see.

pecON

Aug 22, 2014
Prince Erdward County, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ontarioan said:
pecON

did u receive an RQ by any chance?
Hi, no, fortunately we didn't have to do a RQ.

Good luck. They started processing our application in April 2013, after receiving it in February 2013, so hopefully you will be soon.

Good luck!

OttawaHopeful

Aug 27, 2014
Hi everyone,
I just registered here to ask for some advice/share my long journey that's unfortunately still not come to an end. Following is my timeline:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May ?, 2011.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May ?, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on December ?, 2011.

4. We sent you a letter on January ?, 2012. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (First Fingerprint Request)

5. Your file was transferred to the St Clair office on January ?, 2012. The St Clair office will contact you if additional information is required. The St Clair office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

6. We sent you a letter on September ?, 2012. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (This was my Residence Questionnaire).

7. We sent you a letter on May ?, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (Second Fingerprint Request)

8. We sent you a notice on June ?, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on June ?, 2014 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

The officer at the test center mentioned that it would take around 1-3 months after our test to receive the oath ceremony if we passed the test. I passed the test with an 18/20 score. This morning I contacted the CIC call center and was informed that my old RQ has been once again forwarded to the St. Clair office where the CJ will review my application. The call center representative then mentioned it will take an additional 35(!) months for my file to be processed and that I should contact CIC again in November to see if there's been any update. What should I do in this case? I was under the impression that I would at last be a citizen by years end, but now I'm quite disheartened.

ontarioan

Aug 4, 2014
pecON said:
Hi, no, fortunately we didn't have to do a RQ.

Good luck. They started processing our application in April 2013, after receiving it in February 2013, so hopefully you will be soon.

Good luck!
Hopefully, thank you.. mine started processing march 2013 but received rq one year after