+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

Nyork

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
Hello folks,

Have anyone in the forum required an fpat and received oath invitation?
I was wondering how long could it take if an fpat is required

Please help!!

Nov 24, 2014
All

I have been a silent viewer of the forum.

Just wanted to update everyone of my timeline.

Application Submitted-----Jan 2012

Local Office----------Mississauga

Start of processing--------Sept 2012

Pre-Test RQ----------------Sept 2012

RQ submitted--------------Oct 2012

File transferred to St Clair-----April 2013

Citizenship Test---------- 24th Sept 2014 St Clair

Oath Date------------Dec 4th 2014 at Mississauga.

Thank you everybody for your insights and opinions and Good Luck to you all.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
rq2012-Mississauga said:
All

I have been a silent viewer of the forum.

Just wanted to update everyone of my timeline.

Application Submitted-----Jan 2012

Local Office----------Mississauga

Start of processing--------Sept 2012

Pre-Test RQ----------------Sept 2012

RQ submitted--------------Oct 2012

File transferred to St Clair-----April 2013

Citizenship Test---------- 24th Sept 2014 St Clair

Oath Date------------Dec 4th 2014 at Mississauga.

Thank you everybody for your insights and opinions and Good Luck to you all.
Hearty Congratulations, you had submitted your application a month earlier than me.

I'm very happy to know that at last this painful journey came to an end. Hope and pray, rest of us too get something soon.

Have a wonderful day.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Congratulation... my application and your application is almost at same date..

my file transfer to St.Clair in March 2013 and submitted my RQ April 2013.

hope and prey my journey to be finish asap.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
janoo said:
Congratulation... my application and your application is almost at same date..

my file transfer to St.Clair in March 2013 and submitted my RQ April 2013.

hope and prey my journey to be finish asap.
Hopefully in coming days / weeks senior members of this forum, such as you, Moe and others would get the Oath letters. I wish & pray 4 all.

I know its too hard but let's try to stay positive. ;D

Nyork

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
Hello folks,

Please help!!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Nyork said:
Hello folks,

Please help!!
I'm sharing this forum reader Fernendez's post from Nov 10th, though it does not give much details beyond what is fpat.

Quote : FPAT = File Preparation Analysis Template. It is a form filled out by a citizenship officer after reviewing your file and before referring it to a citizenship judge.

Here is URL for other immigration forum too, you may consider putting this query there too. Hope you get some details on this.

https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/search_results_posts.asp?SearchID=20141117193738&KW=Oath

Hope this helps. Wish you all the best.

Nyork

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
Canadiandesi2006 said:
I'm sharing this forum reader Fernendez's post from Nov 10th, though it does not give much details beyond what is fpat.

Quote : FPAT = File Preparation Analysis Template. It is a form filled out by a citizenship officer after reviewing your file and before referring it to a citizenship judge.

Here is URL for other immigration forum too, you may consider putting this query there too. Hope you get some details on this.

https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/search_results_posts.asp?SearchID=20141117193738&KW=Oath

Hope this helps. Wish you all the best.

[Thank you Canadiandesi. I will look into it today. Do u think it will take a few more year to finalize my file? I read a lot what does fpat mean but i have never bumped into anyone who knows how long does it take for a decision to be taken ]

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Nyork said:
Hello folks,

Please help!!
Hi Nyork
Your FPAT started back in July! This is a very long time for them to do and finish the analysis and reach the decision. Have you thought about ordering the Physical file. It might shed some light on what's going on. As we know each case is different and its the applicant only who knows the details of his case and its complexity. You are a per-test rq applicant. Do you have many land trips to the States with no stamps? Where you a student before PR? All these questions have a direct impact on what you should expect. It may indicate as the call center told you that officer was not able to make a decision yet. Depending on why they issued the RQ in the first place this may indicate that a CJ hearing may be required. I hope not. But still a CJ hearing is not a bad thing because citizenship officers some times are not able to connect the events together to for the story. You will be more able to connect the events before the CJ and form your story of residency.This is my opinion of things and I might be wrong and totally incorrect. If you require to talk more you can send me a private msg. I hope you a good luck

Nyork

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
echorael said:
Hi Nyork
Your FPAT started back in July! This is a very long time for them to do and finish the analysis and reach the decision. Have you thought about ordering the Physical file. It might shed some light on what's going on. As we know each case is different and its the applicant only who knows the details of his case and its complexity. You are a per-test rq applicant. Do you have many land trips to the States with no stamps? Where you a student before PR? All these questions have a direct impact on what you should expect. It may indicate as the call center told you that officer was not able to make a decision yet. Depending on why they issued the RQ in the first place this may indicate that a CJ hearing may be required. I hope not. But still a CJ hearing is not a bad thing because citizenship officers some times are not able to connect the events together to for the story. You will be more able to connect the events before the CJ and form your story of residency.This is my opinion of things and I might be wrong and totally incorrect. If you require to talk more you can send me a private msg. I hope you a good luck
[Thank you very much for the swift reply. I don't have any visits to the states neither i was on a student visa. I really lost any interest in having this citizenship anymore. I even don't care if i will have cj hearing. If they wish to grant me the citizenship, it will be great and if not i really don't care anymore. It took them toooooo long that we lost interest. Sorry for the negative attitude i have but i am really frustrated]

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Nyork said:
echorael said:
Hi Nyork
[Thank you very much for the swift reply. I don't have any visits to the states neither i was on a student visa. I really lost any interest in having this citizenship anymore. I even don't care if i will have cj hearing. If they wish to grant me the citizenship, it will be great and if not i really don't care anymore. It took them toooooo long that we lost interest. Sorry for the negative attitude i have but i am really frustrated]
Thanks to reader who explained the FPAT process. Indeed, frustration is an understatement but bear in mind, we are not alone in this pit.

This forum members are really very helpful, sharing & exchanging views that eases our pains.

On a brighter side, CIC has added 300 Officers with powers to decide cases. Let's hope processing will get lot faster early next year.

More ever new cases taking less than 6 months. So, be positive if due to any reason our files lands in problems, we can re-apply ;D

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
For us waiting from 2010,2011,2012 what will happen if we have to reapply? Are we going to apply under the new rules or old rules? I believe that CIC must take action either approve or deny all back log cases before the new rules come into effect. This is necessary to give those applicant to reapply under the current rule. If this is true then this back log must be finished before approximately July/2015. Otherwise, CIC will face many law cases claiming that due process were not given to the applicant files and long time processing resulted of additional problem to the applicants one of them is that they have to apply under the new rules. Some applicant will have the required 1460 days but some will not.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
echorael said:
For us waiting from 2010,2011,2012 what will happen if we have to reapply? Are we going to apply under the new rules or old rules? I believe that CIC must take action either approve or deny all back log cases before the new rules come into effect. This is necessary to give those applicant to reapply under the current rule. If this is true then this back log must be finished before approximately July/2015. Otherwise, CIC will face many law cases claiming that due process were not given to the applicant files and long time processing resulted of additional problem to the applicants one of them is that they have to apply under the new rules. Some applicant will have the required 1460 days but some will not.
I'm not sure if the new laws requires 1460 days for all. I dont remember besides $100 increase in fees there were any major changes.

Assuming even if it requires 1460 days, most of us were left in the deep frying pan for much longer time by CIC processing. If the processing time is predictable it helps, we may wait for 6 - 8 months, but now its just torture. CIC has put our lives on hold due to their laxity.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone, I have been a silent viewer of this forum as I admire the amount of knowledge and sharing that is provided by the members. We had similarly helped each other out during our PR days through another thread in this forum. I finally became eligible for Citizenship in September this year and filed for it. While I do not belong to the category of St Clair test attendees of Feb-Mar 2014, I still wanted to see if some of the members can help me out. My application was received by CIC on Oct 3rd and they started processing on Nov 14th. They issued me and my wife an RQ on Nov 18th. My questions are:
1. Absences from Canada - point 1 mentions Passports and / or travel documents and talks of passport stamps, visas and permits. Point 2 mentions about travel records and/or records of movement. What is the difference between the 2 points? I only have stamps as records of entry/exits. Are there any separate travel records that I need to obtain? If yes, how and from where?
2. Home and family ties - The period in consideration (last 4 years) includes around 8-9 months when I was in the US before I became a PR. In the proof of residence do I need to include rental agreements, auto insurance policies, etc. of my US residences also OR is this only about the Canadian part for which I have completed 1095 days of physical presence?
3. Employment Ties - It mentions CRA Notice of assessment, T4, Bank/credit card statements, etc. Is one of them enough OR all are required? If all, then do I need to provide bank/credit card statements for each month for the last 4 years OR only the last few? I have the Notice of assessments and T4s.
4. Lastly, is getting an RQ signs of problems/delays to come OR is this routine process?

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
[Thank you Canadiandesi. I will look into it today. Do u think it will take a few more year to finalize my file? I read a lot what does fpat mean but i have never bumped into anyone who knows how long does it take for a decision to be taken ]
[/quote]

I really don't think anyone knows how long it could take
because FPAT could be anything... could be a hearing Judge, could be a first or 2nd RQ , could be a few additional documents....
basically it's that there are some concerns about your application that have been raised by the officer assigned to your file

wish you the best of luck , and everything goes well