+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

Sisi2014

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Hello everyone,

Today i received my letter for my oath invitation, July 1st in Barrie Ontario.

Finger print request: Feb 6th 2014
Finger Print submitted: Feb 8th 2014

Test: April 29th 2014
Letter for oath: received June 16th for July 1st.

Thank you all and i wish you all the best and i pray for everyone to get their oath letter soon.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Dear Readers,

I noticed the CIC calculates the physical presence of 1095 days required for citizenship NOT from the day an immigrant landed in the country but from the day Citizenship Application was signed and submitted.

My attorney calculated the total physical days present in the country from the day I landed as an immigrant that I had more than 1095 days. But the CIC calculates differently, I'm shocked either he did'nt know or just to get his fee, filed and let me face this situation.

From the my ATIP report, I realized the CIC actually calculated days from date of my application and noted that I'm 59 days short of minimum physical days presence required. Probably, that might requires my hearing with the immigration judge. OMG !!!

Any input or suggestion would be appreciated.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Sisi2014 said:
Hello everyone,

Thank you all and i wish you all the best and i pray for everyone to get their oath letter soon.
Congrats !!!, Oath location is quite far off ...but sure you dont mind it ;D ;D ;D

samjohns22

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
canadiandesi2006 , you need to calculate a total of 1095 phisical days from the application date backward. you need to gain this 1095 days out of 4years. so that means you need to approve you have
been living in Canada 3 years out of 4 years. that also means you can travel for total of 360 days.
if this was not considered in your application, then this will trigger a question .

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
samjohns22 said:
canadiandesi2006 , you need to calculate a total of 1095 phisical days from the application date backward. you need to gain this 1095 days out of 4years. so that means you need to approve you have
been living in Canada 3 years out of 4 years. that also means you can travel for total of 360 days.
if this was not considered in your application, then this will trigger a question .
Thanks Samjohn22. After analyzing the ATIP report I realized that's how CIC calculates the eligibility. From that perspective I'm showing 59 days short on ATIP report and probably that will require hearing with Immigration judge. I dont know how long that takes.

What I'm shocked my attorney did not tell me that. May be he did'nt want lose the business, get it filed, charged fee and let me suffer.

OMG !!!, dont know if the immigration judge would approve or raise some objection and give hard time.

I would like to hear experiences of other readers who had similar situation short of minimum days and what were their outcome.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Thanks Samjohn22. After analyzing the ATIP report I realized that's how CIC calculates the eligibility. From that perspective I'm showing 59 days short on ATIP report and probably that will require hearing with Immigration judge. I dont know how long that takes.

What I'm shocked my attorney did not tell me that. May be he did'nt want lose the business, get it filed, charged fee and let me suffer.

OMG !!!, dont know if the immigration judge would approve or raise some objection and give hard time.

I would like to hear experiences of other readers who had similar situation short of minimum days and what were their outcome.
Hi CanadianDesi, if you used the online eligibility tool, it asks you to put the date when you will sign the application.

ca4ever2u

Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
28-03-2014
Sisi2014 said:
Hello everyone,

Congratulation! Looks time required after the test is less than many other in this forum. Still a few Jan test takers, and many more of Mar test takers are waiting. Wish you the best, Sisi.

JTM

Jul 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006, I feel sorry to hear that your attorney misguided you and wrongly filed your application. However, I hope by now you have achieved 1095 days of physical presence in Canada. The CJ might give you consideration if you honestly explain what happened and prove that you have, by now, been in Canada for 1095 days. I just hope that they do not ask you to file a fresh application and start the whole process from the beginning.

ca4ever2u

Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
28-03-2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Dear Readers,

I noticed the CIC calculates the physical presence of 1095 days required for citizenship NOT from the day an immigrant landed in the country but from the day Citizenship Application was signed and submitted.

My attorney calculated the total physical days present in the country from the day I landed as an immigrant that I had more than 1095 days. But the CIC calculates differently, I'm shocked either he did'nt know or just to get his fee, filed and let me face this situation.

From the my ATIP report, I realized the CIC actually calculated days from date of my application and noted that I'm 59 days short of minimum physical days presence required. Probably, that might requires my hearing with the immigration judge. OMG !!!

Any input or suggestion would be appreciated.
Hi Desi,
Probably something went wrong in your file, may be what have you suspected, fee issues or something else. It is fact, in principally, CIC never calculates the days an applicant resides soon after signing the application. As a matter of fact, three years, 1095 days, are calculated from the previous four-year- period the day the application is signed. Since, it has been, in most cases, it requires 18 months before taking any decision on a file, the time you spent after signing the application is a factor, and only the judge can consider it or may ask the applicant to reply. Just a quick question, did not you write the test and had interviewed after? If yes, why the issue was not raised during the interview, just a wonder.

waitingsucks

Star Member
Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulation sisi2014..remember my gut feeling about oath ceremony on July 1st :) see I was right ! Enjoy and good luck..

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi There...
It will have Information up-to the date your ordered your ATIP (May 25)
They hold back the ATIP file for 30 days before sending it to the Applicant

samjohns22 said:
I would like to ask question to QAI and Daktrader, I ordered my ATIP back on May 25, the report I will get will have information upto May 25 or updated information by end of June which is the time I expect to receive.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi Darktrader, did you recently contacted CIC, your MP, or write a letter
as 52 months beyond any time line. ( am aware that the lawyer cost too high )

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Done all the mentioned except the 'Lawyer'...
No Hope...Just in line 'waiting'

janoo said:
Hi Darktrader, did you recently contacted CIC, your MP, or write a letter
as 52 months beyond any time line. ( am aware that the lawyer cost too high )

bech

Jun 12, 2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:

My friend had similar situation, He had to see the judge.Judge told him that he has to apply again. This happend 6 months ago and he just got his citizenship!!!!!!

bech

Jun 12, 2014
Got got my pink letter, After two and a half years!!!!!!!
Here is my time line...

Applied - Feb, 2012
In process - July, 2012
RQ returned - Oct, 2012
Test - 27 March, 2014 at St.Clair
Oath-June 25 at Scarborough

and this is my brother's:

Applied - March, 2013
In process - May, 2013
RQ returned -July , 2013
Test - 11 Feb, 2014 at St.Clair
Oath-June 11 at Scarborough